Open URL where argument contains '/' doesn't work with Alfred 5 [Improved in 5.0.1 pre-release]

jdoe

Hello, Just updated to Alfred version 5.0 [2057] and some off my old workflows for opening URLs aren't working. This seems to happen if my argument passed to the "Open URL" action contains a '/'. Looking at the debugger, the correct value seems to be passed to OPEN_URL but the browser just ends up opening a tab with about: blank. This workflow was working on Alfred 4 prior to me installing the version 5 today

• What you were doing when the issue happened
    • Trying to run a workflow where a url containing a '/' was passed to Open URL
      • Workflow is just a list filter where each option in the list points to a different URL. The urls containing '/' dont work. 
  • Whether you were able to replicate it a second time by performing the same action (Update any third-party apps and restart your Mac if relevant)
    • Yes
  • Include any screenshots that might help us
    • 831629037_CleanShot2022-07-14at11_43_07.png.b83da4456162c80df833dbd26b8847ef.png
  • Include the Alfred version & build number you are using
    • Alfred 5.0 [2057]
  • Include your macOS version
    • MacOS Monterey 12.4
  • Include the version number of any third-party apps relevant to your issue
    • Google Chrome 103.0.5060.114

CleanShot 2022-07-14 at 11.47.23.png

Welcome @jdoe,

Could you share the Workflow in the screenshot (transfer.sh is good temporary storage) so we can test in context?

See also the two new checkboxes in Open URL. Depending on how your Workflow is set up, you may need to uncheck one or both.

Edited by vitor

In the 5.0.1 pre-release, I've actually removed the / from the encoding character list. While the discussion above results in the "correct" use of the new options in the Open URL object, this tweak should make the encoding options more forgiving either way.

• Andrew changed the title to Open URL where argument contains '/' doesn't work with Alfred 5 [Improved in 5.0.1 pre-release]