Alfred search box stays open after searches

Eirene

Alfred's search box no longer closes when I action a search result. Now it stays open and still shows the search query (or in some cases the previous query). I have to hit option+space several times to get it to disappear.

• What you were doing when the issue happened
    • Using the standard Alfred search box to search Google
  • Whether you were able to replicate it a second time by performing the same action (Update any third-party apps and restart your Mac if relevant)
    • Yes, this started happening yesterday and now happens constantly
  • Include any screenshots that might help us
    • Attached: about to search Google, and then post-search with the search box still up (it didn't disappear as it should have)
  • Include the Alfred version & build number you are using
    • Alfred 4.8
  • Include your macOS version
    • Monterey 12.4
  • Include the version number of any third-party apps relevant to your issue
    • n/a

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 8.54.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 8.55.13 AM.png

@Eirene Could you please let me know what your Alfred hotkey is? If you're using Cmd + Space, please try temporarily switching away and seeing if the behaviour sorts itself out?

If it does, please take a look at this knowledge base entry about checking for Cmd + Space conflicts where other apps and macOS services may be using the same hotkey combo:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/cmd-space/

Let me know how you get on :)

I'm having the same problem suddenly and my hotkey has been option-space for years. I even tried changing it to control-space but it doesn't help. What it looks like is when I invoke Alfred, the box comes up (and the last results are still visible), but it looks like there's a second Alfred box on top. I'm running Ventura 13.0.1 and Alfred 5.0.5 [2096]

CleanShot 2022-12-06 at 15.25.42@2x.png