"On Open" trigger

R4z3r

Hey,

I was just wondering if it may be possible to get an "On Open" trigger. While I have in mind when alfred opens...do this, it could potentially be extended to when application X is opened, do Y. Just a thought but it might be confusing. I just figure there has to be a better way to run a workflow automatically when alfred begins (such as open all applications you would use in a normal work day)

I understand if this isn't something you want to add but at least for me I thought it would be helpful.

Hey,

I was just wondering if it may be possible to get an "On Open" trigger. While I have in mind when alfred opens...do this, it could potentially be extended to when application X is opened, do Y. Just a thought but it might be confusing. I just figure there has to be a better way to run a workflow automatically when alfred begins (such as open all applications you would use in a normal work day)

I understand if this isn't something you want to add but at least for me I thought it would be helpful.

Like the action results?

Hey,

Obviously, this isn't current;y available but.. setting it to run all apps you'd use when Alfred launches.... if Alfred launches at startup, wouldn't it be easier to just add those applications to the login items? Also, you could just create a quick workflow that would launch those files/applications using a keyword or a hotkey.

I can't speak for Andrew but I would guess that a trigger for, "when X app launches, do Y" is not something that Alfred will get. Alfred would have to be constantly monitoring what applications are running. Once again, it would probably be easier to just make a hotkey or keyword that would launch the application and perform the events that you are searching to do.

Obviously, this isn't current;y available but.. setting it to run all apps you'd use when Alfred launches.... if Alfred launches at startup, wouldn't it be easier to just add those applications to the login items? Also, you could just create a quick workflow that would launch those files/applications using a keyword or a hotkey.

I can't speak for Andrew but I would guess that a trigger for, "when X app launches, do Y" is not something that Alfred will get. Alfred would have to be constantly monitoring what applications are running. Once again, it would probably be easier to just make a hotkey or keyword that would launch the application and perform the events that you are searching to do.

I have a workflow, I just see no point in launching a workflow after alfred starts up when a trigger of even just "when alfred starts" do X would simplify it. It's not a question of difficulty, simply one of convenience.

I agree that monitoring is not correct and I believe that was misunderstood, I don't mean monitor if you double click and application. That would be way to intense for something like Alfred, but simply if application X is launched via alfred, do Y. Symbolic links such as that shouldn't be that difficult realistically with Obj-C, though I can't speak for how it was designed.