Restart issue: Reopening windows when logging back in

I use Alfred's "restart" command to restart macOS.

I've noticed windows now reopen when logging back in. This only happens when I use Alfred's command, not when restarting via the  menu (the option to "Reopen windows when logging back in" is unchecked)—so I'm hoping this is a bug, and something that can be rectified. 

What you were doing: Using restart command

Able to replicate: Yes

Alfred version & build number: 5.1.3 [2175]

macOS version: Sonoma 14.0

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 7.22.11 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 7.23.09 AM.png

@PencilPenMarker Welcome to the forum :) As of last time we checked, macOS doesn't provide a way for third-party apps to control this behaviour, so it's not possible for Alfred to change this. 

Having said that, it can be done with a workflow. [Note: I've edited my answer, as @vitor provided an even better one!] You can use the Shutdown Timer workflow to restart, and can set the apps to relaunch or not in the workflow configuration:

https://alfred.app/workflows/vitor/shutdown-timer/

That is a shame; wish macOS gave devs control over this preference. Thank you both for such a speedy response, and for the link to the workflow. Love Alfred more than any other utility and I so appreciate the customer support here. 

Should I delete this post or leave up for others who may search for this issue too?

Edited by PencilPenMarker