(5.5 beta) Grid view as script filter output

Just checking out the 5.5 beta and the new grid view which is working great on my gif search workflow (https://alfred.app/workflows/rknightuk/gif-search/). What I'm wondering is if it would be possible to use grid view as the output of a script filter.

Right now if I want to use a grid view as the search UI, I need to do `keyword > press enter > show grid view > type {searchterm}` whereas with the script filter I can type `{keyword} searchterm` and it immediately shows results in a list.

It's possible I'm missing a way to do this already and if so please let me know 😅

Thanks, I did see that option but that doesn't solve what I'm talking about (I might not be explaining myself well) - doing that I still need to type the keyword and hit enter, for it to then render the grid view. I can't, as best I can tell, type `gif searchterm` and it show the results in a grid view like I can with a script filter.

@rknightuk The grid view is a separate view to the default results, so you'll need to configure a keyword (with no arg) connected to a grid view. This way, you'll access it using e.g. "gif↩︎searchterm" instead of "gif searchterm".

The Grid View uses practically the same JSON, so transferring this from a Script Filter to the Grid View should be relatively seamless.

2 hours ago, rknightuk said:

it's just that it's an extra keypress to start searching. It's not a massive thing at all and maybe it's just me who would be bothered by this.

I kinda agree here. Even if it is just `gif<enter>query` instead of `gif<space>query` now, it feels a bit weird, since years of using Alfred has taught me that I have to type "keyword space query".

Nonetheless: since Grid view also takes file paths as input, creating any kind of image search is super easy now, no code required, just using the Alfred building blocks 💪

Pastedimage2024-02-27at14_14_33.png.594ffc37ffc6fb8184742eca92ff37ff.png

36 minutes ago, pseudometa said:

I kinda agree here. Even if it is just `gif<enter>query` instead of `gif<space>query` now, it feels a bit weird, since years of using Alfred has taught me that I have to type "keyword space query".

The Grid View is a brand new paradigm, and completely separate view in Alfred. Using a keyword<space> e.g. "gif<space>query" can't take you out of the default result context automatically, as this would wreak havoc when there could be multiple unrelated default result matches.

It'll become second nature before you know it...

keyword<space> = stay in context

keyword<enter> = new context