Clean your RAM with Alfred

• 4 months later...

Have all the clean RAM workflows stopped working for anyone else since upgrading to Mavericks?

In Mavericks, the purge command requires super user privileges. So if a workflow uses purge instead of sudo purge, the script will fail. However, using sudo purge will not work directly because sudo cannot prompt you for your password from a 'Run Script' object.

One workaround I found is to change the 'Run Script' language to '/usr/bin/osascript'. Then, use 

do shell script "purge" with administrator privileges

in the text area. It will prompt for your password and the command will execute once provided.

OS X Daily helped me solve this issue. The linked post makes a few notes about Mavericks' memory management, as well.

Edited by Tyler Eich

In Mavericks, the purge command requires super user privileges. So if a workflow uses purge instead of sudo purge, the script will fail. However, using sudo purge will not work directly because sudo cannot prompt you for your password from a 'Run Script' object.

One workaround I found is to change the 'Run Script' language to '/usr/bin/osascript'. Then, use 

do shell script "purge" with administrator privileges

in the text area. It will prompt for your password and the command will execute once provided.

OS X Daily helped me solve this issue. The linked post makes a few notes about Mavericks' memory management, as well.

Very thorough. Much appreciated. Thank you.