deanishe

MailTo: Select multiple Contacts *and* Groups and compose in your favourite email app

22:01:56 background.py:225 INFO     [update-contacts] job already running
22:02:04 background.py:225 INFO     [update-contacts] job already running
22:02:05 background.py:225 INFO     [update-contacts] job already running
22:02:06 background.py:225 INFO     [update-contacts] job already running
22:02:07 background.py:225 INFO     [update-contacts] job already running
22:02:08 background.py:225 INFO     [update-contacts] job already running
22:02:08 update_contacts.py:240 ERROR    exception processing group <ABSmartGroup objective-c instance 0x7f995ba6f100>: NSInvalidUnarchiveOperationException - value for key 'ABSearchValue' was of unexpected class 'NSDate'. Allowed classes are '{(
    NSString
)}'.
22:02:08 update_contacts.py:264 INFO     2676 people, 45 groups cached in 11.04 seconds
22:04:06 update.py:312 INFO     retrieving releases: deanishe/alfred-mailto
22:04:07 update.py:353 INFO     11 releases for deanishe/alfred-mailto
22:04:22 background.py:225 INFO     [update-contacts] job already running
22:04:29 update_contacts.py:240 ERROR    exception processing group <ABSmartGroup objective-c instance 0x7fac85beb800>: NSInvalidUnarchiveOperationException - value for key 'ABSearchValue' was of unexpected class 'NSDate'. Allowed classes are '{(
    NSString
)}'.
22:04:29 update_contacts.py:264 INFO     2676 people, 45 groups cached in 10.39 seconds

Glad it's working, and thank you for the beer money.

The problem appears to be related to Smart Groups. On my Macs (El Capitan and Sierra), the API doesn't return them at all. In any case, your Smart Groups won't show up in MailTo.

8 minutes ago, deanishe said:

The problem appears to be related to Smart Groups. On my Macs (El Capitan and Sierra), the API doesn't return them at all. In any case, your Smart Groups won't show up in MailTo.

Tour fonctionne parfaitement maintenant avec la version 2.1.4.

:blink:

Merci beaucoup pour votre aide.

Are you sure? Did you check the log file for errors?

The contacts are cached, and it's possible the old version is just using the old cached contacts. The cached contacts are only replaced if the update script succeeds. So MailTo should continue to work, but new contacts or changes won't be noticed.

In view of the error in your log file, I wouldn't expect any version older than v2.3 (the one I just uploaded) to correctly read your contacts.

46 minutes ago, deanishe said:

Êtes-vous sûr? Avez-vous vérifié le fichier journal des erreurs?

Les contacts sont mises en cache, et il est possible que l'ancienne version est juste en utilisant les anciens contacts mises en cache. Les contacts ne sont mises en cache remplacées si le script de mise à jour réussit. Alors mailto devrait continuer à travailler, mais de nouveaux contacts ou les changements ne seront pas remarqué.

Compte tenu de l'erreur dans votre fichier journal, je ne s'attendre à une version antérieure à v2.3 (celui que je viens uploadé) pour lire correctement vos contacts.

Mises à jour réalisée vers 2.3, création d'un contact "test", tout fonctionne, suppression du contact" test" , ça marche nickel.

Merci

On 10/03/2016 at 11:43 PM, deanishe said:

Yup.

Adding cc/bcc and webmail support are next on the list. I'm currently stuck in the middle of a Searchio! rewrite, however.

That has to come first because the rewrite is currently 10% working, and I really, really need that workflow…

Any chance you could add cc/bcc functionality? I have another feature request that I guess is easier to implement, sometimes I want to add a group of people to a mail I'm currently composing, it would then be very nice to be able to use MailTo to find a group and copy the names/email-addresses as plain text that can be copied into the composer window. This may be useful for other purposes too, e.g. when compiling maillists in a document etc. 

The workflow basically needs rewriting to support those features. All the needed bits are in there, but they aren't put together properly :( 

Umm. I guess I need to figure this out first, as I'd want to use it in MailTo.

Hi Deanishe, I've read the help site and messed around a bit. I came to the conclusion that "mailto" doesn't currently pull in outlook contacts, it's only from the native app or a few others like gmail. Can you confirm? 

I'm sure there are others who have pretty extensive work email data bases that might not exist in their apple contacts app, so not being able to tap into the outlook contacts makes it pretty difficult to use most of the workflow functionality. I did try syncing outlook and apple contacts, but the tool (syncmate) didn't really capture most of the emails so I'm out of idea.

Is this a feature you would look to include in the future?

Thank you!