"Alfred 2.app" is damaged and can't be opened.

alfredMuse

NOTE FROM ANDREW: Please try re-downloading, I have re-uploaded a new zip to the CDN.

I download Alfred_2.2_243.zip and unzip and move 'Alfred 2.app' to Applications (or copy).

When I run Alfred 2.app I get a pop up:

"Alfred 2.app" is damaged and can't be opened.   You should move it to the Trash.

Google Chrome.app doloaded this file today at 1:14 from www.alfredapp.com."

I had earlier upgraded my Alfred, but after upgrade it wasn't finding files in my Applications  folder,

e.g. 'notes' did not find applications/notes.app   and notes.app found http://notes.app

So I quite Alfred and move to trash and tried fresh new download.

Now Alfred won't run at all.

My experience with other Apps is that Alfred has left behind some info in hidden places that is corrupt and must be removed.

But I don't know where that is for Alfred.

Did you use a special tool to unzip the file? The file may become corrupted if it's not unzipped by Archive Utility (the app that handles zip files by default).

To unzip the file with Archive Utility, Control+click on the file and choose Open With > Archive Utility

Same problem. First download today.  Archive utility seems to unzip the download correctly, but when double-clicking the unzipped folder, it says "Alfred 2.app" is damaged and can't be opened.   You should move it to the Trash.

Google Chrome.app downloaded this file today at 1:14 from www.alfredapp.com."  Ideas?

Can we get some resolution regarding this?

I just purchased the power pack, realised that I have to use the non App Store version and now I can't download it.

Its irritating spending money on something that you cannot use...

I've looked on Apple's dev forums and it appears to be (a hopefully temporary) issue with Gatekeeper affecting more than just Alfred, even though he is correctly signed and identified.

Please try downloading or updating again. I have changed the method in which Alfred is signed and deployed to see if it can work through this issue.

If you temporarily switch off Gatekeeper in OS X's Security & Privacy > General preferences, change the setting to Allow apps downloaded from "Anywhere". Once you have installed Alfred, switch the setting back to "Mac App Store and identified developers"

Why only less than 10 people have seen this issue out of tens out thousands of people who downloaded or updated b243 so far, I don't know. I will report the issue to Apple.

Cheers,

Andrew

I download Alfred_2.2_243.zip and unzip and move 'Alfred 2.app' to Applications (or copy).

When I run Alfred 2.app I get a pop up:

"Alfred 2.app" is damaged and can't be opened.   You should move it to the Trash.

Google Chrome.app doloaded this file today at 1:14 from www.alfredapp.com."

I had earlier upgraded my Alfred, but after upgrade it wasn't finding files in my Applications  folder,

e.g. 'notes' did not find applications/notes.app   and notes.app found http://notes.app

So I quite Alfred and move to trash and tried fresh new download.

Now Alfred won't run at all.

My experience with other Apps is that Alfred has left behind some info in hidden places that is corrupt and must be removed.

But I don't know where that is for Alfred.

Please try downloading again, this should now work.

As for apps not being found, Alfred cleared his app cache in this release, so if apps aren't being found, there may be an indexing issue in OS X. Try the reindex shortcut in Alfred's Advanced prefs, and this should fix things up as well as make your file search faster too :)

Let me know how you get on!