REQ: "Disk Utility" workflow

Please be patient, and don’t spam the forums. Not only have you opened another post to ask for the same thing just yesterday, you today bumped that, in addition to creating this one.

Maybe no one is able to (or interested in) help with such a workflow; maybe such tasks can’t be reliably automated with Disk Utility (I haven’t checked); perhaps Disk Utility isn’t even the right tool at all to do this (it’s likely some CLI tools exist to do the job better).

There are more users in need of assistance in these forums. By trying to so shamelessly grab attention to your own problem, you’re being disrespectful of theirs. Wait.

would love to have a workflow that can be easily used to run things like repair disk permissions, verify/repair disk, etc.. Can somebody smarter than me be able to pull this off?!

I'll move this thread to the "Workflow help & Questions" section, which is more suited for requests and suggestions. As Vitor said, hopefully fellow Alfred users will be able to help you create what you need :)

I've also removed your duplicate thread as there's no need to post multiple times. 

Please be patient, and don’t spam the forums. Not only have you opened another post to ask for the same thing just yesterday, you today bumped that, in addition to creating this one.

Maybe no one is able to (or interested in) help with such a workflow; maybe such tasks can’t be reliably automated with Disk Utility (I haven’t checked); perhaps Disk Utility isn’t even the right tool at all to do this (it’s likely some CLI tools exist to do the job better).

There are more users in need of assistance in these forums. By trying to so shamelessly grab attention to your own problem, you’re being disrespectful of theirs. Wait.

I apologize.. I know that you're the top workflow submitter guy and I really respect and appreciate all the free work you've done to help out others :)

My outlook on it was just that this is a new platform that doesn't have nearly as much exposure as it should have for how great it is (Alfred).. In addition, there's a LOT that Alfred still can't accomplish (for the users who don't know how to code or write their own complex workflows).. I know, just as well as you know, that the requests I made are surely requests that are 100% going to be made by either me or someone else in the world, most likely sooner than later.. 

I won't make any more duplicate threads, but either way, I think it's worth getting the conversation started on a lot of these topics.. even if not addressed right away.. someone, at some point, somewhere, will google "Alfred Disk Utility workflow" or something along those lines.. so instead of turning up nothing, at least they can join onto the thread and maybe get the ball rolling...

I really think a place like this would benefit from a "Requests" board where users can submit their requested workflows, and programmers can feel free to tackle any of them they feel beneficial :)

FWIW, there is a diskutil command line utility. It can do everything the app can and more.

I really think a place like this would benefit from a "Requests" board where users can submit their requested workflows, and programmers can feel free to tackle any of them they feel beneficial :)

We already do tackle the workflows we think are beneficial.

You'll have much better luck if you try to make the workflow yourself, putting the code up on GitHub, and then asking for help with specific problems you run into.

We're much more likely to help you write a workflow that to write one for you.

would love to have a workflow that can be easily used to run things like repair disk permissions, verify/repair disk, etc.. Can somebody smarter than me be able to pull this off?!

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/darwin/reference/manpages/man8/diskutil.8.html

Take a look at the man page for the diskutil Terminal command. I believe you could make workflows to do what you want using this command.

For example "diskutil verifyDisk device" would verify the device you name.

Hopefully this will get you started.