Can't set hidden sync folder

I can't use Dropbox on my work computer. I've set up a git repo to sync preferences between by Macs, which I'd very much like to place inside a dot-folder (i.e., ~/.alfred). However, the dialog for Choose Sync Folder will not let me see this dot-folder to choose it for syncing. Normally "Cmd + Shift + ." toggles hidden files and folders in a choose file dialog, but this doesn't seem to be working in Alfred. There's no way to manually type in the path that I can see, so I seem to be stuck. Any suggestions?

I realize I can remove the period from the .alfred and manually hide the folder using "chflags hidden ~/alfred" -- will go with this if necessary, but for consistency I'd prefer to keep the dot in front if possible.

I can't use Dropbox on my work computer. I've set up a git repo to sync preferences between by Macs, which I'd very much like to place inside a dot-folder (i.e., ~/.alfred). However, the dialog for Choose Sync Folder will not let me see this dot-folder to choose it for syncing. Normally "Cmd + Shift + ." toggles hidden files and folders in a choose file dialog, but this doesn't seem to be working in Alfred. There's no way to manually type in the path that I can see, so I seem to be stuck. Any suggestions?

I realize I can remove the period from the .alfred and manually hide the folder using "chflags hidden ~/alfred" -- will go with this if necessary, but for consistency I'd prefer to keep the dot in front if possible.

Why do you need to move it into ~/.alfred in the first place? Why not just initialize a repo where the preferences reside (~/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2)? Most people never poke around with these folders anyway.