Trigger Actions sequentially in Workflow

Been playing around a lot with creating new Workflows and wondered if there's any way to trigger an Action from another Action?

For example, I want to use a keyword + {query} to create a new development site. First, I want to run a shell script silently. When that finishes, I want to open iTerm 2 to run a Terminal Command action in the foreground. At the same time, I'd like to use the Open URL action to open the local site in Chrome.

From what I can tell, an Action can't trigger another Action in a Workflow. I know I can trigger them simultaneously, but the secondary actions in the Workflow depend on the first shell script being completely.

Any way to do this other than executing commands in a single bash script or writing it out with PHP/Python/Ruby/AppleScript and triggering the scripts sequentially from a bash script?

Thanks,
Matt

As far as I know, the only way to do this is with 'open {iterm 2 jazz / url goes here}', which would be included either after your silent code or in an 'Output > Run Script' item.

There is no way to trigger other actions or workflows right now (as far as I know). :(

Wiring actions sequentially into other actions is definitely in Alfred's future, but v2 is an absolutely huge change already so this is going to wait :)

Great! Thanks, Andrew!

I tried using an Output->Run Script but it doesn't look like it properly accepts {query}, so I'll just keep everything in one big Terminal Command for now

Great! Thanks, Andrew!

I tried using an Output->Run Script but it doesn't look like it properly accepts {query}, so I'll just keep everything in one big Terminal Command for now

Make sure your escaping is correct for {query} in the shell script... take a look at some of the other workflows people have posted for examples :)

Make sure your escaping is correct for {query} in the shell script... take a look at some of the other workflows people have posted for examples :)

Looks like output from a couple of the commands I was running was taking over, so I threw "> /dev/null 2>&1" on the end of those and then I'm echo'ing {query} and it's showing up properly in all output tasks