Unable to emptytrash

justmytwospence

Hi, I am using Alfred 2.0 on OSX 10.8.2.

I can show the trash by typing "trash," but I can't empty the trash with the "emptytrash" keyword, even though it is checked in preferences. Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks.

Does the "Empty Trash" command and its icon show up in Alfred when you type it "empty"? As R4z3r suggested, you need to ensure the box is checked in the preferences first :)

If you can select the Empty Trash command but it doesn't fully empty your trash, check whether there are any files in use in Trash. OS X should present you with a warning that "x file cannot be deleted as it is in use" if that's the case.

If you can confirm either way, I'll be able to either investigate further or close this bug :)

I also have this problem (on 10.8.3). I've double checked that everything is enabled, changed the keywords, and verified that the icon does come up in Alfred when I type the keyword. Restart, Shutdown, Logout, Sleep, Screensaver, and Trash also don't appear to be working, though the rest of the system commands are.

I also have this problem (on 10.8.3). I've double checked that everything is enabled, changed the keywords, and verified that the icon does come up in Alfred when I type the keyword. Restart, Shutdown, Logout, Sleep, Screensaver, and Trash also don't appear to be working, though the rest of the system commands are.

Could you open Console and run those actions to see if there are any AppleScript errors?

You should see something like "Running System Command 'empty trash'" in Console, or an error as the case may be.

Edited to add: Apologies, I forgot I've got logging turned on, so you won't see the "Running System Command" message. However, if there are AppleScript errors, these should appear for you in Console. :)