Photo
- - - - -

Am I crazy or is the clipboard not working?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 apanzerj

apanzerj

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

I used to be able to see everything I ever copied to my clipboard for the day (or maybe the last 100 or so items) in the alfred app. Now in V2 it only shows stuff that was copied to clipboard via Alfred, not stuff that I selected and hit Command + C. Bug? Yes/No? Thoughts?

#2 David Ferguson

David Ferguson

Alfred Guru

• Staff
  • 1,802 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, AL

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

You should definitely be able to see everything that was copied (text).

Twitter: jdfwarrior | Blog: dferg.us

#3 apanzerj

apanzerj

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Weird. 

Double checked my settings. I never realized but this:

http://dl.dropbox.co...eenshots/eu.png

Needed to be checked otherwise none of my copied text would show up. I had no idea I checked that last time, though it's been such a long time since I set this up :-)

#4 psionmark

psionmark

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

I'm not getting any history for my clipboard either. I did have this option checked. I unchecked and rechecked it and I'm still getting no history when I hit my shortcut. The window displays, just no copied text, only the All Snippets bit.

Update: After unchecking and rechecking, I had to shut down and restart Alfred. My history then showed up - even the stuff I'd copied before restarting Alfred.

#5 David Ferguson

David Ferguson

Alfred Guru

• Staff
  • 1,802 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, AL

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

I'm not getting any history for my clipboard either. I did have this option checked. I unchecked and rechecked it and I'm still getting no history when I hit my shortcut. The window displays, just no copied text, only the All Snippets bit.

Update: After unchecking and rechecking, I had to shut down and restart Alfred. My history then showed up - even the stuff I'd copied before restarting Alfred.

Are you syncing Alfred settings and if so, where?

#6 bcaudan

bcaudan

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:00 AM

I have tried to check and uncheck the option, restart Alfred, restart my mac but clipboard doesn't show up. Any advice?

#7 David Ferguson

David Ferguson

Alfred Guru

• Staff
  • 1,802 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, AL

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:06 PM

I have tried to check and uncheck the option, restart Alfred, restart my mac but clipboard doesn't show up. Any advice?

Could you try deleting ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Databases/clipboard.alfdb and see if that helps? May need to restart Alfred afterward but I don't think you do.

#8 bcaudan

bcaudan

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:23 AM

It works! Thanks  :)

Edited by bcaudan, 19 June 2014 - 07:23 AM.

#9 David Ferguson

David Ferguson

Alfred Guru

• Staff
  • 1,802 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, AL

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:05 AM

It works! Thanks  :)

Great! Glad you got it working. There may have been something in the database that got corrupted. Removing the database allowed Alfred to recreate it and start fresh. Thanks for reporting back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users