Acidham

Rsync Folders

Rsync Folders for Alfred

Keep a set of folders in sync with their target folders via rsync. 

Usage

rsync:    

•  executes all rsync configurations
  •  add a new entry to rsync batch
  •  delete an entry from the batch file

Downloads:

https://github.com/Acidham/rsync-folders

http://www.packal.org/workflow/rsync-folders

Edited by Acidham

Haha! I'm going to use the shit out of this workflow :D

Feature requests! ?

Remote source/target folders? That's far any away my main use for rsync, tbh, though I've plenty of local folders to add as well :)

It'd be cool to be able to run just one configuration instead of all of them. (Perhaps run by default, ⌘↩ to delete, or vice versa?) I use rsync to back up my drive, but the target drive isn't mounted most of the time. It'd also just be generally cool to be able to only sync the folder I just changed.

Thx for the feedback and suggestions!

I added a few of your feature requests but auto mount is missing and a way to figure out which of the folders contain changes. Hope that helps a bit!?

On 06/04/2018 at 11:03 PM, Acidham said:

but auto mount is missing and a way to figure out which of the folders contain changes

I don't want automount or auto-execution when a directory has changed. I just want to not have to run every configuration every time because the target might not be mounted or I want to quickly sync only the directory I just changed.

Doesn't seem to work for me. I get following debug information:

Starting debug for 'RSync Folders'

[2018-04-11 11:19:22][ERROR: action.script] 0:49: execution error: sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''

sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file (2)

Which version or rsync are you using? You can find version when you open WF in Alfred preferences, top right corner [x] symbol. 

Version 1.3

Sounds like there might be a quotation mark (or another "special" character?) in one of your folder paths. Is that perhaps the case?

Thanks @deanishe. Yeah you're right, that's it. There's a single apostrophe in a destination folder. I hope there's a work-around for this, because I don't have any control over the name of the destination.

On 4/2/2018 at 7:34 PM, Acidham said:

Rsync Folders for Alfred

Keep a set of folders in sync with their target folders via rsync. 

-  Is there any way to insert rsync+ssh (like: server:/directory ) and rsync:// (ie. site::module/directory ) destination or sources?

- Reverse action(s)?

- Selective push/pull?

My use case is editing a directory locally, and sync to the remote, run Ansible/etc. perhaps even make a remote quick fix, and to pull back the fix before I git commit/push.

I was only focusing on local folder but your suggestions sounds reasonable. These days my time is limited but happy to commit pull requests on that soon ;)