Rsync Folders

Rsync Folders for Alfred

Keep a set of folders in sync with their target folders via rsync. 

Usage

rsync:    

•  executes all rsync configurations
  •  add a new entry to rsync batch
  •  delete an entry from the batch file

Downloads:

https://github.com/Acidham/rsync-folders

http://www.packal.org/workflow/rsync-folders

Edited by Acidham

Haha! I'm going to use the shit out of this workflow :D

Feature requests! ?

Remote source/target folders? That's far any away my main use for rsync, tbh, though I've plenty of local folders to add as well :)

It'd be cool to be able to run just one configuration instead of all of them. (Perhaps run by default, ⌘↩ to delete, or vice versa?) I use rsync to back up my drive, but the target drive isn't mounted most of the time. It'd also just be generally cool to be able to only sync the folder I just changed.

On 06/04/2018 at 11:03 PM, Acidham said:

but auto mount is missing and a way to figure out which of the folders contain changes

I don't want automount or auto-execution when a directory has changed. I just want to not have to run every configuration every time because the target might not be mounted or I want to quickly sync only the directory I just changed.

Doesn't seem to work for me. I get following debug information:

Starting debug for 'RSync Folders'

[2018-04-11 11:19:22][ERROR: action.script] 0:49: execution error: sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''

sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file (2)

• 1 year later...
On 4/2/2018 at 7:34 PM, Acidham said:

Rsync Folders for Alfred

Keep a set of folders in sync with their target folders via rsync. 

-  Is there any way to insert rsync+ssh (like: server:/directory ) and rsync:// (ie. site::module/directory ) destination or sources?

- Reverse action(s)?

- Selective push/pull?

My use case is editing a directory locally, and sync to the remote, run Ansible/etc. perhaps even make a remote quick fix, and to pull back the fix before I git commit/push.

• 3 years later...
On 4/24/2019 at 8:09 PM, Acidham said:

I was only focusing on local folder but your suggestions sounds reasonable. These days my time is limited but happy to commit pull requests on that soon ;)

Is this workflow maintained and updated? Does it work on Monterey 12.3 and do incremental copy and can be used for folder backup?

2 hours ago, Acidham said:

try it then you will know…i am not actively using it and i don’t know if it works. Feel free to file issues in git 

Tried, had to change to refer to Alfred 5 instead of Alfred 4. I configured one source and target folder and executed it. It says zero file copied. I will run the command in terminal to troubleshoot and then revisit this workflow. thanks. 

6 hours ago, pankajsz said:

had to change to refer to Alfred 5 instead of Alfred 4.

@Acidham Instead of tell application "Alfred 4.app", use tell application id "com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred" because that is constant across versions. It’s what the External Trigger example shows.

1. Rsync Folders sync a source folder to target folder, including deletion in target folder if file was deleted in source folder as well. rsync command options: rsync -rtvuc --delete-after

2. Nope, because you cannot type, but it would be easy to extend. If I find some time, I can add an add only by typing option.  

• 1 month later...