Lost ability to quicklook URLs in macOS 10.12? [Bug in macOS Sierra]

vitor

A few days ago I’ve noticed I lost the ability to quicklook web pages directly from Alfred. Pressing ⇧ on a result of ShortFilms, for example, results in this:

bDGtfBM.png

I’ve tried older Alfred versions and the result is the same, so this is not a bug introduced recently. I’ve also tried changing my default web browser, lest it be Chrome being weird, but the problem remains. I don’t remember any particular change to my machine. I’m left to think this is a problem introduced by a recent macOS update (Security Update 2018-002 is a good candidate).

At this point, before banging my head further trying to find a cause on my end, I’m interested in knowing if someone else is experiencing this issue.

Alfred 3.6.1 (910), but I’ve also tried 3.5 (876) and 3.4 (850).
macOS 10.12.6 (16G1314)
Google Chrome 65.0.3325.181
Safari 11.1 (12605.1.33.1.3)

• Andrew changed the title to Lost ability to quicklook URLs in macOS 10.12?
  • Andrew changed the title to Lost ability to quicklook URLs in macOS 10.12? [Bug in macOS Sierra]
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I confirm, I'm on 10.11.6 and this is happening on my side as well... I don't know exactly when this happened since I didn't use this feature lately, but I also think this is coming from a Security Update since I just did an update about 1.5 week ago to Security Update 2018-002. I tested with 3.6.2 Pre-Release (Build 915), 3.6.1 (Build 910) and 3.6 (Build 903) and none worked. So yes I think the problem is not caused by an Alfred update, but Apple... Also, I just updated to Security Update 2018-003 and the problem is still there. I hope Apple will fix this soon! :)

Edited by GuiB

• 5 months later...

I'm still waiting on Apple to fix this - Spotlight in 10.12 crashes these days unless you untick the "Bookmarks & History" option in the Spotlight prefs. You can also crash Finder by trying to quicklook a webloc file.

It's fixed in newer iterations of macOS, but I'm starting to think Apple won't back fix this.