Skip forward / backward for Music (iTunes)

Hey thanks!  I took a step back and reevaluated the situation after Music.app ATE my converted music library.  I did some digging and found Retroactive and thus am now running iTunes 12.9.5.5 on Catalina until Apple can rectify its cranial-rectal relationship...

It appears that this has given SizzlingKeys a little more life now and I'm back to enjoying it's full and robust functionality until Apple finally get's things right.  Overall I'm finding SizzlingKeys to be even more responsive / faster with iTunes at playing and acting on key input than Alfred was in my initial go with Music.app. 

I'm sure I'll be back down the road once the Apple-ocalypse has gone past the event horizon...

Edited by ylluminate

• 2 weeks later...

For future reference, and Alfred's support, check that Alfred has Automation selected for iTunes in the macOS Prefs > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Automation > Alfred > iTunes. If it's already selected, perhaps try quitting Alfred, then unticking and re-ticking iTunes.

Cheers,

Andrew

• 1 year later...

I am missing skipping 10 seconds backward and forward so much, too.

Hope, Alfred can bring us this amazing functionality of the old Sizzling Keys back!

Would love it so much!

Greetz Chris

Edited by Chq

On 1/6/2020 at 12:12 PM, Andrew said:

@ylluminate This is possible with Alfred's Powerpack and a workflow. If you fill in your Powerpack address in your forum profile, I'll go into more details of how to go about this :) 

Are you sure, that it is possible to skip backward & forward (for example 10 secondswise) inside a track?

Can't find a possibility to do this inside Alfred so far.

Greetz Chris

@Chq This will be very easy with a simple workflow. Assuming you have Music.app, Install this workflow and set the hotkeys you'd like on the two hotkey triggers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yslwh1b3rvzozxj/Skip Music.alfredworkflow?dl=1

If you have and older OS and iTunes, you'll need to edit the two Run Script actions and change "Music" to "iTunes".

Cheers,

Andrew

Wow! Now i can maintain my musiccollection while browsing again!

Thank you so much! 👍👍👍👍👍

Alfred made my computer so much more valuable to me! 🥰

Greetz Chris