Google Drive — List File Stream contents from Google Drive

Any way you can change the modifier from fn to something else?  Makes it impossible to use (afaik) for external keyboards.

Also, should comma separation still work for multiple paths / Google accounts?  Seems I can only get it to work with one.  I get a "Does NOT Exist" error when comma separating multiple Gdrive paths.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, John H said:

Any way you can change the modifier from fn to something else?

Not at the moment, but I’ll consider a different shortcut.

5 minutes ago, John H said:

Makes it impossible to use (afaik) for external keyboards.

Not in general. I also use an external keyboard and it has an fn key.

6 minutes ago, John H said:

Also, should comma separation still work for multiple paths / Google accounts?

It does.

6 minutes ago, John H said:

I get a "Does NOT Exist" error when comma separating multiple Gdrive paths.

It’s just the diagnostic not handling that case, for search where it matters it works.

Thank you!

My external keyboard does in fact have an "fn" key, but it's different than the "fn" (globe) key on my laptop.  I've not been able to get it to function as necessary for regenerating cache.

Edited by John H

Thanks, I have it rebuilding, I did not realize you had to search something and then hit Fn (I was simply typing gd).  Will see if the cache rebuild works.  To you other question, normal alfred search with the workflow does not find any files in drive.

Hi there, I'm having trouble opening certain files. It'll find the file but won't open it. Am I doing something wrong? 

### Workflow version

### Alfred version

### macOS version

### Architecture
arm64

### Preferences
Dict {
    google_drive_path = ~/Library/CloudStorage/GoogleDrive-tim@larcheatlanta.org
}

### Full Disk Access
Granted

### Google drive path
Exists: /Users/tmoore/Library/CloudStorage/GoogleDrive-tim@larcheatlanta.org
41270 paths

### Cache dir
cache.db

### Cache file
16777233 47767647 -rw-r--r-- 1 tmoore staff 0 9064448 "May  9 16:28:09 2023" "May  9 09:31:42 2023" "May  9 09:31:42 2023" "May  9 09:19:13 2023" 4096 18560 0 /Users/tmoore/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred/Workflow Data/com.alfredapp.vitor.googledrive/cache.db

### Temporary cache
Does NOT exist

### Build progress
NOT running

### Launchd job
Loaded: -    0    com.alfredapp.vitor.googledrive
Installed

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @vitor, would it be possible to add File Actions to this workflow (or as a separate proof-of-concept) that emulate the actions that appear in Finder? For example:

image.png.a83cdad6c961cb58a8c9f9acd7fea9ac.png

If so, I think the most useful actions to start with would be "Open with Google Drive" and "Copy link to clipboard". Thanks!

Anything that requires messing with the API is deliberately avoided to not complicate setup and usage. Google is know to break and limit API interactions on a whim. The goal of this workflow is specifically to close the gap where files and folders couldn’t be listed.

• 3 months later...

Hello, I'm back!

Just updated to new alfred and lost my AMAZING possibiliy to search on both the 2 google drive mounted on my mac.

Is there a way do downgrade and go back to previous system?

Also I wasn't using gd command to search, so I don't know how it was configured but it was AMAZING.

please help meeee

thanks,

GM

24 minutes ago, vitor said:

Then you likely weren’t using this Workflow. Either way, updating Alfred or the Workflow would have had no effect on your ability to search. Updating macOS might.

Again, if you don’t follow the instructions there’s no way to help.

I'm using the workflow now. But I have to use gd to search and still doesn't search both my gdrives mounted as before.

what I have to do ?

You have to add both paths separated by commas in the configuration. This is explained in the workflow.

See also the second post of this thread, as I linked you. You may not need the workflow if you could see the folders before.

Edited by vitor
1 hour ago, vitor said:

You have to add both paths separated by commas in the configuration. This is explained in the workflow.

See also the second post of this thread, as I linked you. You may not need the workflow if you could see the folders before.

Hi Vitor, I have added both with comma in the middle but doesn't seems to work.

23 minutes ago, vitor said:

You still haven’t provided the diagnostic, as requested.

### Workflow version

### Alfred version

### macOS version

### Architecture
arm64

### Preferences
Dict {
    result_limit = 50
    google_drive_path = ~/Il mio Drive, ~/Il Mio Drive Giuseppe
}

### Full Disk Access
Granted

### Google drive path
Exists: /Users/giuseppe/Il mio Drive
40435 paths
Exists: /Users/giuseppe/Il Mio Drive Giuseppe
2202 paths

### Cache dir
cache.db

### Cache file
16777233 151735733 -rw-r--r-- 1 giuseppe staff 0 7639040 "Sep 26 21:15:40 2023" "Sep 26 21:15:40 2023" "Sep 26 21:15:40 2023" "Sep 26 21:15:22 2023" 4096 16400 0 /Users/giuseppe/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred/Workflow Data/com.alfredapp.vitor.googledrive/cache.db

### Temporary cache
Does NOT exist

### Build progress
NOT running

### Launchd job
Loaded: -    0    com.alfredapp.vitor.googledrive
Installed