Hi there 👋🏼 Does anyone know if there's an easy way to load your clipboard with previously defined data?

For example, I regularly clear my clipboard history.

But I also, on almost a daily basis, need to access my clipboard history for the same ~100 items.

Any simple solution exists for this at the moment?

Thank you for your attention!

Hi Victor,

Thank you for your greetings and reply.

I'm not sure the Copy to Clipboard Output would be what I'm looking for.

I'll use a very simplistic hypothetical example to illustrate my thoughts:

• My Clipboard History holds 10 items (raw text words), which I frequently rely on and use through my day:
    • Apple
    • Pear
    • Orange
    • Kiwi
    • Mango
    • Strawberry
    • Blueberry
    • Banana
    • Grape
    • Pineapple
  • At some point in the day I delete my clipboard, or the Clipboard History deadline is eventually reached (24h, 7 days, 1 month, 3 months);
  • The only way I know as of today to retrieve back my Clipboard History items is to manually copy (10 times in this case) a raw source of these words from a text editor;
  • Now imagine that what I frequently need to access is not a Clipboard History of 10 items, but rather around a hundred;

Consequently, I was wondering if there's some way I could “load“ a predefined Clipboard History, which would streamline the process but also would allow me to maintain this predefined Clipboard History is ever new items or fewer items are needed.

I hope I was clearer in the matter this time.

Thank so much for your concern,

27 minutes ago, mathieudaudelin said:

My Clipboard History holds 10 items (raw text words), which I frequently rely on and use through my day

This is just a thought, which may be completely off-track, but couldn't you use Snippets for those items rather than copying them from the clipboard history all the time?

Sorry if that's not helpful!

Stephen

@mathieudaudelin I would second @Stephen_C's suggestion that a collection of snippets is likely your best way to have non-time-sensitive clips of text you can use any time.

You can add them via a snippet keyword, or by using the Clipboard / Snippets Viewer to browse the collection of items. They'll be backed up / synced and therefore protected from any clipboard expiry :)

• 4 weeks later...