Problem: Alfred suddenly takes 5 sec to appear

Hi,

Alfred suddenly takes 5 sec to appear, which makes it completely unusable. No idea what changed. I have used it for many many years without problems. I already restarted, installed all updated etc. 

Any solutions to this problem? Anything I can do to investigate?

Thanks!

MacOS Ventura 13.3.1

Alfred 5.1

It might be worth checking that Ventura still shows that you've granted Alfred full disk access. Ventura permissions have been known to be flaky.

Otherwise, have you changed anything significant on your Mac recently? When did the problem start?

Stephen

@greghoch If you're able to, when Alfred isn't responding, please open Activity Monitor, choose Alfred and do a sample process. This will give us a better idea of what might be happening during that time.

Could you please provide your Diagnostics file, which you can get by typing "?diagnostics" into Alfred? You can then email it to our info@ address (please include a reference to this thread) :)

Thanks for helping me with this.

@Stephen_C: No. They have different shortcuts and nothing has changed about that.

@Vero: I just emailed both (diagnostics and result of sampling process) to the info@ email address. Note that Alfred never shows as "not responding" in the Activity Monitor. It just takes 2-6 secs for the dialog window to appear. It was instantaneous before. Never had that problem for 5 years and the over 74k times I used Alfreds (thanks usage stats... :). I used the key combo while Activity Monitor was "sampling process..."