Backup Preferences — Create and restore Alfred Preferences backups

Usage

Generate a backup of your local Alfred Preferences via the start backup keyword. A macOS launchd agent will be loaded to do it daily at the time set in the Workflow’s Configuration (using the 24-hour clock format). The number of versions to keep is likewise configurable.

start.png

Restore a previous version with the restore backup keyword. It takes a few seconds to complete and restarts Alfred.

restore.png

⤓ Install on the Alfred Gallery | Source

When reporting issues, please include your exact installed versions of:

• The Workflow.
  • Alfred.
  • macOS.

In addition to:

• The debugger output. Perform the failing action, click “Copy” on the top right and paste it here.
  • Details on what you did, what happened, and what you expected to happen. A short video of the steps with the debugger open may help to find the problem faster.

Thank you. Accurate and thorough information is crucial for a proper diagnosis which allows me to help you better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Can an interval be added for the number of days? I prefer to back up weekly or every x  number of days and nights every day since my preference file is 400MB each on both my Macs, and I am backing up to iCloud. 

Edited by mikedvzo
wording

That would add a bit of complexity and I worry might lead to foot guns. macOS launchd agents don’t run if your computer is turned off, so I’d hate for someone to not have a backup at a crucial time because the last one happened to be at an unlucky time and then the one they have is two weeks old or more. That’s why a time can be configured. The versioning is a secondary concern, the focus of the workflow is the backup.

You could instead reduce the number of backed up versions. If by any reason you need an older version at some point, the last 30 days of them should be available to recover.