loginwindow seems to be...

16 hours ago, zamboknee said:

Now I don't have the error but snippets aren't working.

@zamboknee Could you please provide more details about what's not working with snippets?

- Have you checked that Accessibility is granted to Alfred? Have you tried removing and re-adding Alfred to ensure macOS is "nudged" into seeing that you've granted it?

- Do you always / sometimes see the red error message after a restart or does it only happen after using certain apps? (e.g. your browser)

- If you launch TextEdit (a simple and native app, ideal for testing) and try to expand your snippet, what do you see? Does the keyword disappear, does the snippet content appear, do you hear an error beep?
- If your snippet expands in TextEdit, in which apps do you see a different behaviour?
- What is your snippet keyword? What is the content that should be pasted?

The more information you provide, the easier it'll be for me to help troubleshoot what's happening on your Mac :)

7 hours ago, Vero said:

@zamboknee Could you please provide more details about what's not working with snippets?

- Have you checked that Accessibility is granted to Alfred? Have you tried removing and re-adding Alfred to ensure macOS is "nudged" into seeing that you've granted it?

Not seeing it in my Accessibility area? Tried adding it but it still doesn't show up. I deleted then redownloaded Alfred. Still not working.

- Do you always / sometimes see the red error message after a restart or does it only happen after using certain apps? (e.g. your browser)

Don't always see the 'red error message'. I quit the browser (firefox) and it's still doing it.

- If you launch TextEdit (a simple and native app, ideal for testing) and try to expand your snippet, what do you see? Does the keyword disappear, does the snippet content appear, do you hear an error beep?

content does NOT appear. No error beep at all.

- If your snippet expands in TextEdit, in which apps do you see a different behaviour?
- What is your snippet keyword? What is the content that should be pasted?

snippet keyword is ';em' , content pasted should be 'zamboknee@gmail.com'.

The more information you provide, the easier it'll be for me to help troubleshoot what's happening on your Mac :)

Ventura 13.6.1. M1 Mac Mini (2020)

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 11.32.07 AM.png

Chatted with Apple Support.

We worked through some stuff and eventually got things to work.

Tried deleting a 'tcc.db' file but system wouldn't allow (even though I'm an admin), but that didn't work.

Eventually had to boot into recovery mode and enter a command in Terminal that negated the safety precautions in the system. Went back into OS (again, 13.6.1) and all my accessibility and full disk access were there again.

We then went back into Terminal and re-enabled the security stuff, booted back in OS and everything was, again, there.

The support guy said they've been seeing a few of this issue with Settings preferences (privacy and security, etc.) not working right.

SIDE QUESTION: Would Little Snitch running have anything to do with this type of problem. I've heard elsewhere that Little Snitch can cause system issues.

4 hours ago, zamboknee said:

Would Little Snitch running have anything to do with this type of problem

I don't believe so. I have run that for years and although I had permissions problems under Ventura (until they were eventually fixed by Apple) I was never unable to set them at all (as in your case). In my case they (in the earlier editions of Ventura) simply wholly or partly disappeared on reboot but I was able to reset them.

In passing, I've had no permissions problems with Sonoma (nor did I. indeed, with the later versions of Ventura).

Stephen