Drag & Drop grabs wrong file [Fixed 3.2 b747 pre-release]

sweens

Fairly frequently, I would say 30% of the time, when I drag a file from alfred into an application it will grab the next file down to the one I actually selected.  I have been noticing this for some time.  At first I thought it was my error, but I can't seem to get the problem to replicate by trying to drag & drop in the same manner.  It seems random.  Does anyone else have this issue, or just me?

Alfred v2.1.1 (227)

OS X 10.9.2 - Build 13C64

Fairly frequently, I would say 30% of the time, when I drag a file from alfred into an application it will grab the next file down to the one I actually selected.  I have been noticing this for some time.  At first I thought it was my error, but I can't seem to get the problem to replicate by trying to drag & drop in the same manner.  It seems random.  Does anyone else have this issue, or just me?

Alfred v2.1.1 (227)

OS X 10.9.2 - Build 13C64

I've not heard this being reported before and just had a play for 5 minutes and have been unable to reproduce it. I'm going to move it into the help sub-forum to see if anybody else has seen this issue or can find a better reproducible case.

Cheers,

Andrew

• 2 years later...

Hi Andrew, 

This has been a problem for me too, I would say the odds are more than 30%.

I have been struggling with this since Alfred2x on Yosemite and still is there in Alfred 3.1.1 on Sierra

This is a major inconvenience, as I have ended up sending the wrong attachment (embarassingly) when using Alfred to search.

I am now quite scared of using Alfred to search, which is in my assessment the most useful feature :(

Please let me know I may help any further to resolve/investigate.

Thanks

Francis

Screen_Shot_2016-10-11_at_23_35_09.jpg

@Francis I've been playing with this for quite some time, and I've worked out that, if you start the drag slowly, it'll always select the correct file. However, if you grab an item at high speed downwards, it can occasionally select the item below it.

I'm moving this to the Bug Reports section, so that Andrew can look at making this more robust for the next release.

In the meantime, if you drag very slightly slower out of Alfred's results, you won't encounter the issue :) 

Cheers,
Vero

• Andrew changed the title to Drag & Drop grabs wrong file [Accepted]
  • Andrew changed the title to Drag & Drop grabs wrong file [Fixed 3.2 b747 pre-release]