Always show Alfred

Hey there, I was wondering if there is the chance to always show the Alfred type window?

I would really like this feature because often times I am translating lots of words and it's kind of a drag to always open the Alfred window each time. 

Is there any way to implement this in an update or is that feature already available and I couldn't find it?

Thanks for your help! :)

Hey there, I was wondering if there is the chance to always show the Alfred type window?

I would really like this feature because often times I am translating lots of words and it's kind of a drag to always open the Alfred window each time. 

Is there any way to implement this in an update or is that feature already available and I couldn't find it?

Thanks for your help! :)

While this isn't possible (by intrinsic operation), if you had Alfred's Powerpack, you could create a simple workflow to connect a global hotkey which would open the translate page for the selected text in OS X. This would be significantly quicker than having to copy text into Alfred each time.

Cheers,

Andrew

While this isn't possible (by intrinsic operation), if you had Alfred's Powerpack, you could create a simple workflow to connect a global hotkey which would open the translate page for the selected text in OS X. This would be significantly quicker than having to copy text into Alfred each time.

Cheers,

Andrew

So you mean adding a hotkey to a certain url page? Then I'd still have to enter the text there. That wouldn't save time. Do I understand it correctly?

Alright, but how do I do that? 

Could you please fill in your registered Powerpack email address in your forum profile? This is only visible to administrators and allows us to ensure users requesting Powerpack help are legitimate users.

We'll be happy to help you create the workflow once you've filled these details in :)

done :)

I've thrown together a super simple workflow to do this for you...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6749767/Alfred/Workflows/Hotkey%20to%20Translate.alfredworkflow

Double click to install, then double click the hotkey trigger in the workflow and set the hotkey you want to trigger the action. Once setup, select some text in OS X and then use your hotkey which will open google translate with your selected text filled in :)

I've thrown together a super simple workflow to do this for you...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6749767/Alfred/Workflows/Hotkey%20to%20Translate.alfredworkflow

Double click to install, then double click the hotkey trigger in the workflow and set the hotkey you want to trigger the action. Once setup, select some text in OS X and then use your hotkey which will open google translate with your selected text filled in :)

Awesome, thanks! :)