Groups of bookmarks

You could accomplish this with a workflow. Actually, you could modify this workflow (http://veritrope.com/code/export-all-chrome-tabs-to-evernote/) that saves all Chrome tabs to Evernote for your purposes.

As an outline, what you'll do is to create workflow that has two actions: (1) Save, (2) Open. Each will run an AppleScript. The first will modify the AppleScript above to save all of the tabs' URLs into a text file, and the second will read the text file and open each line (URL) in a new tab. Then, add in the remote triggers so that you can use it via remote, and you're done.

Hi there, 

If I've understood your question correctly, there's a way even simpler than Shawn's suggestion; create a workflow with one Remote trigger connected to multiple "Open URL" actions. You can press a single Remote button and all of the actions attached to it will launch!

Here's an example:

good-morning-example.png

Vero's is simpler and probably more along the lines of what you wanted (I thought that you wanted a quick save / re-open version rather than a predefined set of URLs).

If you want your existing workflows to work with remote, then you need to add a "Remote Trigger" to them in the workflow and then create an entry on a page. Does Andrew's reply on the other thread solve the problem?

Hi Shawn,

As the thread I have linked to states, which you obviously did not take the time to read, I can't get this to work.

Regards
Howard

Howard,

I did read it; hence, I referred to Andrew's very detailed and clear instructions written in that thread, and those should solve your problems. I can see that you have replied to that thread as well now with expressions of frustration. Setting these things up is actually fairly simple. It does take a few steps, and you have to do all of the steps in order to make it work. If you don't do all of them, then it will not work. Simple.

Let me also say that you're not offering much information about how things are not working for you. Simply stating that they aren't working will make those of us who are so inclined repeat the instructions on how to make something work because we don't know where you're running into trouble. You will get better help if you tell us where things are not working.

Hi Shawn,

As a paying customer I do take exception when I get replies that say, "Simple". It is not good for customer relations and implies others are not as clever as you!

I also note that this forum has placed a restriction on the number of posts I can make, so I will wait for a considered response to my query rather than wasting anymore of any more of my allocation.

Regards
Howard

Howard,

This is actually a community forum, and so there are only about three people on here who get paid (I'm not one of them). The rest of us are also paying customers who help each other out. The second part of my response was the most important: you're not giving us enough information to help you. If you can better describe what you have done and what part is not working, then we can help you better.

Hi Shawn,

As a paying customer I do take exception when I get replies that say, "Simple". It is not good for customer relations and implies others are not as clever as you!

I also note that this forum has placed a restriction on the number of posts I can make, so I will wait for a considered response to my query rather than wasting anymore of any more of my allocation.

Regards
Howard

:D

By all means, you can bide your time till one of Vero or Andrew (who already have their hands full with requests after the double release of Alfred 2.6 and Alfred Remote) finds the time to help you, or you can wind in the attitude and get some assistance from one of the knowledgeable and helpful forum members who owe you absolutely nothing, but will still donate their free time to helping you out of the sheer goodness of their hearts as long as you're not a nob about it.

And as Shawn says, apart from the attitude, you're not really making it particularly easy to help you. I'm sure what you're trying to do is perfectly clear in your mind, but it isn't very clear in your posts.

Nobody can give you a "considered response" until you explain clearly what the problem is....if you can explain it, I am sure that somebody can help with a solution.

Hi dfay,

As I have said on a linked thread quoted above that, having followed the instructions posted, I can't get my workflows to operate using Remote. If you could give simple and precise instructions then I would be grateful but so far it has beaten me.

Yeah, I've read that thread and while you say it's not working, you don't explain the point at which the instruction provided is breaking down.  Here is a detailed explanation of the full process:

1. Open Alfred Preferences

2. Click Workflows
3. Click the workflow (in the list on the left) which you want to add to Alfred Remote
4. When the workflow components appear, click the + in the upper right
5. In the Triggers pop-up menu select Remote
6. In the Remote sheet that appears, provide a label (the text that will appear in Alfred Remote, an identifier (which can be pretty much anything as long as it's unique - it's only used behind the scenes), and optionally include an argument that you want to pass to the workflow.  Leave availability unchecked.  Drop an icon if you have one ready - you can always add it later.  Once both required items (label and identifier) are ready, the Save button will be enabled.  Click Save.
7. Hover over the new Trigger and a tab will appear on its right side.  Click and drag from the tab to the workflow object you want it to run.
8. In the toolbar, click Remote to switch over to the Remove editor.
9. In the list on the left, click the remote page on which you want your new item to appear, or click the + sign in the lower left and fill in the information in the drop-down panel to create a new page.
10. When the remote page appears (in the center of the window), hover the mouse over one of the squares that doesn't have an icon in it, and click the plus sign that will appear there.
11. In the pop-up menu that appears, scroll to the bottom and select Run Workflow Trigger, then the name of the workflow you just modified, then the name of the trigger you just added.
12. The trigger will now appear in Alfred Preferences, and in a matter of seconds it will appear in Alfred Remote (assuming your device is connected).

Can you indicate which of these steps are giving you problems?
Edited by dfay

Yeah, I've read that thread and while you say it's not working, you don't explain the point at which the instruction provided is breaking down.  Here is a detailed explanation of the full process:

1. Open Alfred Preferences

2. Click Workflows
3. Click the workflow (in the list on the left) which you want to add to Alfred Remote
4. When the workflow components appear, click the + in the upper right
5. In the Triggers pop-up menu select Remote
6. In the Remote sheet that appears, provide a label (the text that will appear in Alfred Remote, an identifier (which can be pretty much anything as long as it's unique - it's only used behind the scenes), and optionally include an argument that you want to pass to the workflow.  Leave availability unchecked.  Drop an icon if you have one ready - you can always add it later.  Once both required items (label and identifier) are ready, the Save button will be enabled.  Click Save.
7. Hover over the new Trigger and a tab will appear on its right side.  Click and drag from the tab to the workflow object you want it to run.
8. In the toolbar, click Remote to switch over to the Remove editor.
9. In the list on the left, click the remote page on which you want your new item to appear, or click the + sign in the lower left and fill in the information in the drop-down panel to create a new page.
10. When the remote page appears (in the center of the window), hover the mouse over one of the squares that doesn't have an icon in it, and click the plus sign that will appear there.
11. In the pop-up menu that appears, scroll to the bottom and select Run Workflow Trigger, then the name of the workflow you just modified, then the name of the trigger you just added.
12. The trigger will now appear in Alfred Preferences, and in a matter of seconds it will appear in Alfred Remote (assuming your device is connected).

Can you indicate which of these steps are giving you problems?

Hi dfay,

Thank you for your time and considerable help. I followed your instructions to the letter and now I have one of my workflows working in Remote. In time I will do the rest.

Much appreciated.