[SOLVED] Snippets broke somehow

Not sure why or how, but none of my snippets work any more. I can bring them up just fine in the Alfred window as I always have, but when I select one and hit return it fails to paste into my text as it always has before.

I'm working on a brand new MacBook I just got, which I migrated everything into from a Time Machine backup (using Migration Assistant). I insured that all of Alfred's requested permissions have been granted. All my preferences look the same way they always have, so I'm a bit stumped. 

@octothorpe Based on your screenshot of the preferences, it doesn't look like you've activated snippet auto-expansion; You'll need to check the box that says "Automatically expand snippets by keyword".

Edited to add: I see you're talking about pasting from the viewer rather than expanding... In that case, if you make TextEdit your frontmost window, and try pasting a snippet there, do you get the expected behaviour? It's best to test in a basic native app, as a third-party app or browser window might have some other funky stuff going on that affects the ability to paste to it.

Cheers,
Vero

9 hours ago, Vero said:

@octothorpe Edited to add: I see you're talking about pasting from the viewer rather than expanding... In that case, if you make TextEdit your frontmost window, and try pasting a snippet there, do you get the expected behaviour? It's best to test in a basic native app, as a third-party app or browser window might have some other funky stuff going on that affects the ability to paste to it.

Yes, exactly -- I'm interested in the pasting option, which has always worked brilliantly for me in any app. And for that I've never had "automatically expand..." checked. 

I just tested in TextEdit and it doesn't work. The list comes up normally in Alfred, but nothing ever gets pasted in. 

• vitor changed the title to [SOLVED] Snippets broke somehow