1Password — Search and open 1Password items

On 1/26/2024 at 6:54 PM, Vero said:

@godbout This may be tricky to troubleshoot, as this is working smoothly across the board at the moment, so there'll be something specific happening on your Mac causing the issues you're seeing.

agreed. usually when i find myself with issues they're pretty weird ones.

This may be obvious but please ensure you're up to date for both Alfred, the workflow, your preferred browser, 1PW8 and their browser plugin just in case there's a mismatch somewhere along the way.

yes, all up to date.

Have you reported the issues you're seeing to the 1Password team?

gonna be honest, i'm not very helpful here. i did report many issues in the past, but usually they're kinda brushed off. when i reach out it's because i've tried most things on my side already, and the "help" i'd get on the 1P forums is to make sure i have installed the last version, to reboot my computer, etc. so i've learned to just walk away. my bad. regarding this issue i think it may be related to the use of VPNs. somehow the cli or 1P itself can't connect to their servers and it breaks or 1P, or the Alfred integration. anyways i'm like 30% guessing here. didn't dig that much into it anymore coz 1) i have other issues with 1P (nothing to do with Alfred. UX design on their side. needs multiple clicks now to enter login/passkeys, need to switch windows, etc.) so i'm switching to iCloud Keychain 2) i'm building my own version of a `1p` Workflow ([OnePee](https://github.com/godbout/AlfredOnePee)) so that i can launch login pages directly from Alfred and get the login/passkeys filled with iCloud Keychain.

thanks for the time!

On 1/26/2024 at 8:06 PM, vitor said:

The challenge here is that this workflow has thousands of users but no other reports of this issue. Because you’re a power user (a programmer, even), it both means you know what you’re doing and we can discard the simpler stuff, but it also increases the possibility that something seemingly totally unrelated and external is causing the issue.

i see. clearly the Workflow and/or 1Password are not the culprit yeah. it's my own setup that's doing something weird. as stated in my response to Vero, it may be possible that it's 1Password not connecting to their own services when i'm on a VPN. 

On 1/26/2024 at 8:06 PM, vitor said:

It is very much worth noting that 1Password 7 continues to work as well as it ever did, even on Apple Silicon (does not require Rosetta), and as such the deprecated 1Password 7 bookmarks feature in Alfred’s preferences should too.

true, thanks. i would tend to avoid old software that are not maintained anymore tho. the path 1Password has chosen is the path they have chosen. that's fine. honestly if it was still making my day to day life better i wouldn't mind. the issue i'm currently having is not only related to the integration with Alfred, but to 1P itself that, for me, is making worse and worse UX decisions (requires more clicks to login etc.). anyways, thanks for taking the time. glad the Workflow and the integration usually do work well for thousands of users!

• 4 weeks later...

Lately the 1password workflow just stopped working altogether. That is, the authentication/fingerprint popup doesn't even show after I bring up Cmd+Space, and select a password then Ctrl+Enter. Anyone having problems the last days?

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed that the 1Password workflow has stopped updating or rather detecting there is a change or vault update . Meaning: 1) after creating a new login in the native app, 1p Alfred keyword will no longer offer to "update items". I have to force an update to see changes; 2) if I toggle the "Only show login items" option it will not change the behavior of the results, i.e. it will still list non-login items in results.

This is my diagnostic output:

### Workflow version

### Alfred version

### macOS version

### Architecture
arm64

### Preferences
Dict {
    logins_only = true
}

### 1Password version

### op version

### Launchd job
Loaded: -    0    com.alfredapp.vitor.1password
Installed

Please keep in mind that it will update if: Reset Workflow or Force Update is executed; however, the fact that it used to detect a change was made in the vault and offer to update was very helpful for me. Your help is appreciated, I'd really like to make that functionality work again.

PS: Alfred Debug shows no error messages.

Edited by Send Me
29 minutes ago, Send Me said:

2) if I toggle the "Only show login items" option it will not change the behavior of the results, i.e. it will still list non-login items in results.

That only happens after results are updated, and whatever options sticks until the next update.

30 minutes ago, Send Me said:

PS: Alfred Debug shows no error messages.

Even so, I need to see it to understand what is and is not happening. Open the debugger, then make a change to an item in 1Password and save. What does the debugger say?

23 hours ago, vitor said:

Open the debugger, then make a change to an item in 1Password and save. What does the debugger say?

I did exactly as instructed, made change in 1Password app itself, debugger did not record anything -i.e. no activity other than "logging started..." message-. Was I following instructions too literal? I'm not sure what no info is "saying" other than perhaps there is no service running in background, maybe 1Password cli is inactive/ not running?

I appreciate the quick response, I was hoping to report with more info and can't shake the feeling I was supposed to do something differently. 

No, you did things right, I just need more information to start ruling things out. Do this next:

1. Disable “Detect Changes” in the Workflow’s Configuration.
  2. Run :1pextrasForce Update Items.
  3. Enable “Detect Changes” in the Workflow’s Configuration.
  4. Run :1pextrasForce Update Items again.
  5. Change the title or username on an item in 1Password.
  6. Check if it worked. Really search for `Update` to make sure it’s not further down the list.

If it still did not work, restart your Mac and do steps 5 and 6 again. Sonoma 14.4 broke a bunch of stuff, one of them related to this.

I ran an 'ls' command: 

ls ~/Library/Group\ Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application\ Support/1Password/Data/

1password.sqlite drafts

1password.sqlite-shm files

1password.sqlite-wal logs

1password_resources.sqlite settings

crashes

SCR-20240320.png

Edited by Send Me
Added image of folder content

When you ran step 4, did you get a notification about a background process?

If you go into System Preferences → General → Login Items, do you see an osascript item, and is it on?

1 minute ago, vitor said:

did you get a notification about a background process?

No.

1 minute ago, vitor said:

do you see an osascript item, and is it on?

Yes, there are 4, two of them enabled, all seem to point to same file (when clicking on information icon).

Unfortunately I’m out of ideas so far, we’ve covered everything I could think of that might affect this. You’re the only report of this, so it seems that something on your machine is blocking the action. If I get more reports, maybe I’ll get more clues to be able to investigate further.

Thank you for trying. I was thinking of reinstalling Alfred and / or 1Password cli; but after going following your lead to troubleshoot it now seems like a futile effort to reinstall (short of reinstalling entire OS, which I would do but lack time).

This is the second issue I've had lately. The other one -that I cannot reproduce at will nor I would know where to post and get help- is that: suddenly (no apparent reason) if I use the context menu (right-click), in browser page for example, and select "copy link" it triggers Alfred's Clipboard History Merging feature and the clipboard merges whatever was in the clipboard with the link. I eventually turned off clipboard merging due to undesired results and my inability to replicate or find a pattern. Please let me know if there's a place where I can seek for help on this matter.

Again, I really appreciate your time and effort trying to resolve my issue. 

16 minutes ago, vitor said:

Article seems to imply it happens with iTerm2, which I don't have. What different in my case too is that it doesn't happen with keyboard shortcut rather with mouse actions (i.e. right click) on browser in page links. For example, I reenabled Merging now and right click on the link you provided, chose 'copy link address' and it trigger Merging. 

So perhaps I was wrong... I may have just stumbled on a way to reproduce. 

Edited by Send Me
  • 4 weeks later...

As of a few weeks or so ago, the 1Password Workflow actions to copy OTP, copy username and copy password stopped working for me.

I've updated the workflow to the latest, but still not luck, even after reboots and reinstalls.

### Workflow version

### Alfred version

### macOS version

### Architecture
arm64

### Preferences

### 1Password version

### op version

### Launchd job
Loaded: -    0    com.alfredapp.vitor.1password
Installed

Any pointers on how I can troubleshoot this? I rely on the copy OTP flow to get onto VPN a zillion times a week.