Just checking in

Just a friendly check in to see how things are cooking in Alfred's kitchen. We're approaching a short-term record for time between updates (last one was Dec '22 build 2110 → Apr '23 b2134) so I thought now might be an OK time to check in and ask. Alfred's running fine for me but Sonoma 14.4 seems to be breaking some stuff here and there so I'm hoping there might be at least some small updates or tweaks.

image.thumb.png.75d983c6a43ce3eb02408846ea1d29ca.png

12 hours ago, luckman212 said:

Just a friendly check in to see how things are cooking in Alfred's kitchen.

*checks oven*... nearly ready... and it's looking delicious!

12 hours ago, luckman212 said:

Alfred's running fine for me but Sonoma 14.4 seems to be breaking some stuff here

If there is anything Alfred specific which hasn't already been reported in the bugs forum, now is the time to tell us there.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, pseudometa said:

Is there a forum thread for discussing / giving feedback for the beta yet? Can't seem to find one.

Just use the forum as usual, the Beta period won't be a long one, just be clear you're referring to 5.5 if there is a bug or something specific.

It is called a Beta this time as there is a much deeper range of features which need validating before we can make this generally available, but really, treat it like a normal pre-release.

Got it, will do.

Question as a workflow dev: How backwards compatible are the changes in 5.5? I'd like to implement a few of the improvements like caching of results and number sliders in my existing workflows. Is it possible to somehow define a minimum Alfred version for a workflow? So users still on 5.1 do not get Gallery auto-updates which break their workflows and stuff like that.

It’s not possible to define a hard minimum for the Gallery at the moment. The ones requiring 5.5 show it as a dependency at the top but would still be updated.

That said, while new objects couldn’t possibly be backwards compatible, caching and the number slider will just be ignored gracefully in pre-5.5. Meaning Alfred won’t use the feature but users can still install and use the workflow.