Batch Workflow/Theme Importing

Hi,

One thing that I think would make Alfred better is if you could batch import workflows. When you try to do it now, it just takes the first one, asks you about wether you want to import, imports it, and ignores all the others. What you could do is whenever one tries to import multiple workflows or themes, have multiple prompts going through the list of themes/workflows that were opened, letting you accept or deny. Even better yet, you could have a checkbox, "do the same for the rest of the selection" that would function something like this:

YW73geH.png

But instead of replacing or note replacing a file, it would install or deny a workflow/theme. You could also have an option that would always accept amy theme or workflow that was opened.

• 7 years later...
8 hours ago, Alan He said:

For newbie, there will be a need to import workflow in batches.

Why? How many newbies are downloading Workflows en masse and opening them all at once? And how often are they doing it?

8 hours ago, Alan He said:

I think it is necessary to support.

Judging by the lack of interest from other users, that doesn’t seem to be the case. It took eight years for anyone else to express any interest.

Plus, batch import of Workflows can itself be accomplished with a pretty simple Workflow. Alfred Workflows are zip files with a modified extension which are decompressed to the Workflows directory, so one needs only replicate the behaviour.

Edited by vitor

3 hours ago, vitor said:

Why? How many newbies are downloading Workflows en masse and opening them all at once? And how often are they doing it?

Judging by the lack of interest from other users, that doesn’t seem to be the case. It took eight years for anyone else to express any interest.

Plus, batch import of Workflows can itself be accomplished with a pretty simple Workflow. Alfred Workflows are zip files with a modified extension which are decompressed to the Workflows directory, so one needs only replicate the behaviour.

Got it,thank you!

1 hour ago, Alan He said:

I improved the workflow

Do with it what you will. But you’ve added a NodeJS dependency! It isn’t at all necessary, and you’ve greatly diminished the (already tiny) audience of the Workflow for no gain.

Even AppleScript (which I know you can write) would be better.

1 hour ago, Alan He said:

and realized one-click import of multiple workflows.

That was already possible with the provided version.

• 1 month later...