Forget preferred result

klaas

Hi!

I've got two questions regarding the ranking of the search results:

( a ) Alfred learned that I searched for a term many times during the last few weeks. This makes the result appear at the top of the search results. Now the result is not relevant to me anymore. How can I teach Alfred to forget what he learned?

( b ) I've got some search results that I want to be ranked higher as soon as I type e.g. the first two letters. My problem is that I chose them many times but they only appear when I type the first four letters.

Best regards, Alfred is awesome!

Klaas.

Edited by klaas

Hi!

I've got two questions regarding the ranking of the search results:

( a ) Alfred learned that I searched for a term many times during the last few weeks. This makes the result appear at the top of the search results. Now the result is not relevant to me anymore. How can I teach Alfred to forget what he learned?

( b ) I've got some search results that I want to be ranked higher as soon as I type e.g. the first two letters. My problem is that I chose them many times but they only appear when I type the first four letters.

Best regards, Alfred is awesome!

Klaas.

You could more than likely clear up both issues by clearing Alfred's knowledge. This would clear out the no longer relevant search and reset the priority of the other items that are jumping ahead in the second case. It may take a little training to get Alfred to put this items at the very top, but if you continue to type those two characters only and then select what you want, he'll eventually learn.

Hi David, thanks for your help!

It may take a little training to get Alfred to put this items at the very top, but if you continue to type those two characters only and then select what you want, he'll eventually learn.

The problem for issue ( b ) is that the relevant results are not listed, when I only type two letters. The only appear after typing the fourth letter ;-(

I'm a programmer myself. Are they any configuration/database/settings files that I can dig into to modify the ranking?

• 3 months later...

Hi David, thanks for your help!

The problem for issue ( b ) is that the relevant results are not listed, when I only type two letters. The only appear after typing the fourth letter ;-(

I'm a programmer myself. Are they any configuration/database/settings files that I can dig into to modify the ranking?

Hi Klaas,

Sorry about the slow reply - I seem to have missed this thread!

With regards to re-teaching Alfred after a previous term is no longer relevant, as David suggested, the nuclear method to make Alfred forget all previous knowledge is to use the "Clear Knowledge" button in the Advanced prefs.

However, if you simply want Alfred to learn a few new keywords, type the keyword, then use the arrows down until you find the result you want to match. Do this 2-3 times and Alfred will learn what result you now want for the keyword. If you arrow down, can you see the result you want? If not, you may need to either a. narrow the file types included in your defaults or b. add a character or two to your search term.

If this doesn't seem to happen, it's possible that the knowledge file's permissions have become corrupted, causing Alfred to be unable to save new knowledge to it. Quit Alfred, launch Disk Utility and click "Repair permissions", then relaunch Alfred and follow the steps above again.

Let me know how you get on :)

I have somewhat related question.

In the light of above mentioned and this: 

http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/4650-removing-mailapp-when-typing-mail/?hl=%2Bremove+%2Bresults

i assume there is no "remove" button to remove irrelevant results from a workflow results display? So irrelevant results might still stay in the workflow output but they will be at the bottom, i.e low priority results?

Edited by RuslanI