Switch Theme whether Dark Mode is on

It would be great if I could set two themes: one for normal mode, and one for dark mode.

I have f.lux that changes mode at sunset, so the best would be if in Alfred's prefs I could set a theme for both settings, so that switching is automatic, it doesn't have to fiddle with a scripts.

Edited by mcdado

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I, too, use f.lux for changing between light & dark mode on macOS automatically at sunrise & sunset (apps are generally getting quite good at handling this appropriately), and I'd also love to see Alfred allow you to set light and dark themes to be used depending on the OS' current appearance setting (this still allowing for custom Alfred appearances to be used as preferred for each).

Again, many other apps switch themes seamlessly as f.lux changes the light/dark macOS appearance and I was thinking it'd be nice if Alfred offered this as well.

Edited by KZeni

7 minutes ago, KZeni said:

I, too, use f.lux changing between light & dark mode on macOS at sunrise & sunset

If you're using f.lux then you can use the script I linked to above. It switches Alfred themes at sunset/sunrise, just as f.lux does.

3 minutes ago, deanishe said:

If you're using f.lux then you can use the script I linked to above. It switches Alfred themes at sunset/sunrise, just as f.lux does.

While I'm sure that script works, I'm not sure if implementing bash & python scripts that you need to edit first & manually execute to then run alongside f.lux and Alfred is the best solution. I'd think that Alfred could/should add an option within its appearance preferences to handle macOS' built-in light & dark modes.

37 minutes ago, KZeni said:

I'm not sure if […] is the best solution

I'm not saying that it's an ideal solution. But it does work right now.

This feature request is over 2 years old, and I have no idea if or when it may ever be implemented.

So while you wait for official support, you can still actually have the feature via the somewhat clunky-to-set-up method of downloading, editing and running the linked Python script once (you don't need the bash script).

Edited by deanishe