Gmail Client for Alfred

• 1 month later...

Im having issues to authenticating my gmail account, it never saves the key in keychain, but i get a Ok response after the OAuth authentication. The logs does not contain anything useful, just some debug output that seems normal to me..

Anyone experienced something similar?

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Version 1.2.  is not working for me.

Here is the debug :

[2016-11-12 06:10:17][STDERR: input.scriptfilter] 06:10:16 workflow.py:1387 DEBUG    Reading settings from `/Users/XXXX/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Workflow Data/com.fniephaus.gmail/settings.json` ...
06:10:16 workflow.py:2133 DEBUG    Last run version : 1.2.0
06:10:16 workflow.py:2133 DEBUG    Last run version : 1.2.0
06:10:16 workflow.py:2181 DEBUG    update_data : None
06:10:16 background.py:188 DEBUG    Command arguments cached to `/Users/XXXX/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-3/Workflow Data/com.fniephaus.gmail/gmail_refresh.argcache`
06:10:16 background.py:192 DEBUG    Calling [u'/usr/bin/python', '/Users/XXXX/Documents/Dropbox/Applications_Backups/Alfred_Backups/Backup_Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.34A93EF1-BA93-46DD-8B8F-699B3AB8E03C/workflow/background.pyc', 'gmail_refresh'] ...
06:10:17 workflow.py:1972 DEBUG    Workflow version : 1.2.0
06:10:17 workflow.py:2008 DEBUG    Workflow finished in 0.527 seconds.
06:10:17 workflow.py:2008 DEBUG    Workflow finished in 0.529 seconds.
06:10:17 background.py:197 DEBUG    Executing task `gmail_refresh` in background...

• 3 months later...

I seem to be have the same problem as politicus...

the folders appear to be populated but nothing happens when i click on them (doesnt update my mails...)

[2017-02-17 14:04:14][STDERR: input.scriptfilter] 14:04:14 workflow.py:1387 DEBUG    Reading settings from `/Users/mchomicz/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Workflow Data/com.fniephaus.gmail/settings.json` ...

14:04:14 workflow.py:2133 DEBUG    Last run version : 1.2.0

14:04:14 workflow.py:2133 DEBUG    Last run version : 1.2.0

14:04:14 workflow.py:2181 DEBUG    update_data : None

14:04:14 background.py:188 DEBUG    Command arguments cached to `/Users/mchomicz/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-3/Workflow Data/com.fniephaus.gmail/gmail_refresh.argcache`

14:04:14 background.py:192 DEBUG    Calling [u'/usr/bin/python', '/Users/mchomicz/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.A6254090-1687-49EA-83F6-EDA6CF8B17BA/workflow/background.pyc', 'gmail_refresh'] ...

14:04:14 workflow.py:1972 DEBUG    Workflow version : 1.2.0

14:04:14 workflow.py:2008 DEBUG    Workflow finished in 0.024 seconds.

14:04:14 workflow.py:2008 DEBUG    Workflow finished in 0.025 seconds.

14:04:14 background.py:197 DEBUG    Executing task `gmail_refresh` in background...

[2017-02-17 14:04:14][input.scriptfilter] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<items><item autocomplete="INBOX " valid="no"><title>Inbox</title><subtitle /><icon>icons/inbox-dark.png</icon></item><item autocomplete="UNREAD " valid="no"><title>Unread</title><subtitle /><icon>icons/inbox-dark.png</icon></item><item autocomplete="STARRED " valid="no"><title>Starred</title><subtitle /><icon>icons/inbox-dark.png</icon></item><item autocomplete="DRAFT " valid="no"><title>Drafts</title><subtitle /><icon>icons/inbox-dark.png</icon></item><item autocomplete="SPAM " valid="no"><title>Spam</title><subtitle /><icon>icons/inbox-dark.png</icon></item><item autocomplete="TRASH " valid="no"><title>Trash</title><subtitle /><icon>icons/inbox-dark.png</icon></item><item autocomplete="SENT " valid="no"><title>Sent</title><subtitle /><icon>icons/inbox-dark.png</icon></item><item autocomplete="CATEGORY_UPDATES " valid="no"><title>Updates</title><subtitle /><icon>icons/inbox-dark.png</icon></item><item autocomplete="CATEGORY_PROMOTIONS " valid="no"><title>Promotions</title><subtitle /><icon>icons/inbox-dark.png</icon></item><item autocomplete="CATEGORY_SOCIAL " valid="no"><title>Social</title><subtitle /><icon>icons/inbox-dark.png</icon></item><item autocomplete="CATEGORY_PERSONAL " valid="no"><title>Personal</title><subtitle /><icon>icons/inbox-dark.png</icon></item><item autocomplete="CATEGORY_FORUMS " valid="no"><title>Forums</title><subtitle /><icon>icons/inbox-dark.png</icon></item></items>

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Sootica said:

Hi All, 

I couldn't get this started at all :( Google seems to have blocked it, see attached, it says the app has not been verified by Google.

Oh dear. This is pretty complicated to fix because Google makes you jump through a lot of hoops.

The simplest solution is to create your own API client in Google’s dev console and replace the client_secret.json file in the workflow with your own.

1 hour ago, deanishe said:

Oh dear. This is pretty complicated to fix because Google makes you jump through a lot of hoops.

The simplest solution is to create your own API client in Google’s dev console and replace the client_secret.json file in the workflow with your own.

Oh dear. Looks other people got this workflow working, does this mean they also did above, or the developer needs to update the workflow? I have no idea how to get this working... 

9 minutes ago, Sootica said:

does this mean they also did above

Don't know. If you set it up before Google blocked it, it will still work for you, AFAIK.

10 minutes ago, Sootica said:

the developer needs to update the workflow?

No. The developer needs to set up a website with a privacy policy and submit it to Google for approval. And it's quite likely they'll get annoyed because the client secret is in the repo.

2 minutes ago, deanishe said:

Don't know. If you set it up before Google blocked it, it will still work for you, AFAIK.

No. The developer needs to set up a website with a privacy policy and submit it to Google for approval. And it's quite likely they'll get annoyed because the client secret is in the repo.

Thank you @deanishe. Any alternative ways to interact with gmail based email via Alfred?