Youtube Search

Hi everyone,

Just starting to play with Alfred Workflows a little bit and I find it amazing!

I created a very simple workflow to launch a youtube search, so that instead of :

• finding Chrome
  • Cmd + T
  • Entering youtube.com
  • Waiting for page to load
  • Click in the search input field
  • Type in your search
  • Enter
  • Wait for the page to load

It becomes :

• Ctrl + Space
  • Type in yt your search
  • Enter
  • Wait for the page to load

I timed it and it now takes me 5seconds from the moment I want to search for something to the moment I have the search results displayed, compared to 30sec before.. depending of how many times a day you research something on youtube, it adds up to a few minutes gained every day :)

Hope you guys enjoy it.

You can download the workflow here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6iNJEvkpFeedlg5UVV0OGZGV1k

Note : I know this is a very (very) simple workflow, but I searched the forum and couldn't find anything, so may be it can help someone out some day.

Mehdi

Hi @Mehdi,

You can type "youtube" followed by your keyword directly into Alfred, press return and your default browser will be launched with the YouTube results.

Also worth taking a look at the "Should I watch this movie?" workflow example built into Alfred, as it gives you a few ideas on how you can search for movies, including using the built-in YouTube default search :) Some fun ways to build upon your existing workflow, if you fancy it!

Cheers,
Vero

18 hours ago, Vero said:

Hi @Mehdi,

You can type "youtube" followed by your keyword directly into Alfred, press return and your default browser will be launched with the YouTube results.

Also worth taking a look at the "Should I watch this movie?" workflow example built into Alfred, as it gives you a few ideas on how you can search for movies, including using the built-in YouTube default search :) Some fun ways to build upon your existing workflow, if you fancy it!

Cheers,
Vero

Better yet you can change the trigger key to just "y" instead of "youtube" (less typing), It's under "Feature" -> "Web Search" :)

Alfred is super flexible.

In case you have not discovery "pass current selection in OS as argument"  feature yet. Another super simple one which I use the most is "Search current selection in google". You basically link a "Hotkey" (with Argument "current selection in macOS) to "Search in google". The only down side is when you geeking out, you might end up 50 tabs open LOL

PrQ0XXa.png

sX82KkL.png