Posted (edited)

I have moved my workflow for making various web submissions to use list filter and now it reads information from .csv file I generate. 

The idea is that you search for what web submission you want to make and you can filter the searches by using various prefixes, like r: for reddit, s: for various stack exchanges and so on.

The .csv file is open for contributions too if you wish to edit it. 

The workflow can be found on GitHub with more information on how to use it and a small GIF demo. :)

Here you can find the latest release with the download. It uses OneUpdater so if there is any update to it, you will be notified. I hope you like it.

Edited by nikivi

Short tip on the gif. Instead of cutting it so harshly at the edges of the app, move/hide all your Desktop icons and set a completely white background. Then, when recording keep a bit of the app’s shadow. When played back on a page it’ll look more natural, as if the app itself is there. See the method in action on Homebrew-Cask’s README. It may look a bit fuzzy to you1 but the idea is there.

Also, you should do things slower. I can’t read anything on the gif; it’s hard to keep up.

1.  It appears you may have a retina screen and the gif had to be recorded on a VM made by an app that cannot display in retina resolution.

Posted (edited)

Yeah the reason I did things as fast is because I wanted to keep the size under 5 MB. If its above, it doesn't render on GitHub. :( 

I put the files on a private repository with all other GIF's and that's the only limitation I have. I can try to make a slower version but then I can't show many things. :( 

Edited by nikivi

34 minutes ago, nikivi said:

I wanted to keep the size under 5 MB. If its above, it doesn't render on GitHub.

You could always put it up on imgur and then link it. But that’s not necessarily the right solution.

The gif in question is almost 3MB. That is definitely too much for what it is, and it looks like it might be a failure on the part of whatever tool you’re using to create the gif. What’s your process?

2 hours ago, nikivi said:

but not sure if it adds any weight to the made GIFs. I don't think it should.

It’s not about adding weight, but about not taking it off (i.e. not optimising the gif).