Learning top results also for workflows

xuso

I mean, when I type 'tr' and click 'Transmission.app', Alfred remembers it for the next time and bring it on top of the results. But it doesn't work for the workflows. I type 'tr' and click my Google Translate workflow 'Translate' and the next time it appears on the fourth position again :(

It does work for workflows as well, but not every developer is using it. For example, if it is my Google Translate that you are using, then all UIDs are the same for each language, thus preventing Alfred from learning an order (i think). If is matters to you, go to the workflow, look for uid="translation" and change that for something specific for each language (ex: uid="translation_en").

It does work for workflows as well, but not every developer is using it. For example, if it is my Google Translate that you are using, then all UIDs are the same for each language, thus preventing Alfred from learning an order (i think). If is matters to you, go to the workflow, look for uid="translation" and change that for something specific for each language (ex: uid="translation_en").

Hmm... I don't think so. You mean the results of the workflow, I mean the trigger of the workflow.

I'm experiencing the same issue.

Even the workflows I use daily will show up at the fourth or fifth position in Alfred's results. On the first positions there are apps and folders I never opened with Alfred befor…

This really bugs me.

Is there a solution for this?

Hm, I'm gonna push this again, because the issue isn't resolved, yet.

There are Apps and folders listed in my top 5 results that I never used or opened and the workflows I use daily just won't appear in the top 5 results and I have to type their full names to use them.

Is there a setting that I am missing? Lack my workflows information to help Alfred with the learning? Is this a bug?

I'm desperate.

Hm, I'm gonna push this again, because the issue isn't resolved, yet.

There are Apps and folders listed in my top 5 results that I never used or opened and the workflows I use daily just won't appear in the top 5 results and I have to type their full names to use them.

Is there a setting that I am missing? Lack my workflows information to help Alfred with the learning? Is this a bug?

I'm desperate.

I've done some testing, and I think I understand what you mean now.

I set up a script filter with a keyword 'foo'. I type 'f' and navigate to 'Foo'; I hit enter to autocomplete 'f' to 'foo'. Script filter returns two items ('Incubus' and 'Incubus Album Art'). Action an item from the script filter. Rinse and repeat.

If I type 'foo', results arrange according to frequency of use; 'f', however, did not pull 'Foo' to the top of the results, even though his filter was the most used of any result listed.

While Alfred seems to learn my preference for the returned items, he does not learn which script filters are my favorite; 'Foo' remained near the bottom of the list, even below apps I had never launched before.

I've done some testing, and I think I understand what you mean now.

I set up a script filter with a keyword 'foo'. I type 'f' and navigate to 'Foo'; I hit enter to autocomplete 'f' to 'foo'. Script filter returns two items ('Incubus' and 'Incubus Album Art'). Action an item from the script filter. Rinse and repeat.

If I type 'foo', results arrange according to frequency of use; 'f', however, did not pull 'Foo' to the top of the results, even though his filter was the most used of any result listed.

While Alfred seems to learn my preference for the returned items, he does not learn which script filters are my favorite; 'Foo' remained near the bottom of the list, even below apps I had never launched before.

Thanks, Tyler Eich. That's a much better description of my problem!

I'm going to have a bit of a think about this for a future release - the issue is you never actually action a script filter placeholder which is why it's never prioritised.

That would be great.

Workflows are such a big and important part of Alfred now. It would be a shame, if it would be so… complicated to access them.

Maybe in 2.0.3 or 2.0.4?

I would also be happy, of Alfred would learn workflow preferences. I deactivated anchor search in Alfred and when I try call my OmniFocus workflow with of... it appears as last results in the list.