I've rewritten my Alfred-Time workflow so that it's more easily extensible, and better tested. Currently it works with the Toggl and Harvest services. You can start, stop, or continue a timer, choose a project and a tag if necessary. With version 2.0 it's one service or the other though. The previous version allowed to use both services at the same time. I personally don't use that anymore, and it was a pain to maintain. If you still need that functionality, you can still use the previous version. I'm planning to add new services.

It's very basic (even more basic than the previous version). Just start, stop or continue. No more delete, no more cache bullshit. There's some ideas in the queue like enable/disable tags (or choose a default one), but nothing done yet. I use the workflow daily and it works fine (for me). If it does help you, enjoy!

GitHub: https://github.com/godbout/alfred-time/releases

Packal: http://www.packal.org/workflow/alfred-time-v2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 4/14/2020 at 6:17 AM, UpstateAlex said:

Nice work, took me a minute to figure out you set it up right in the Alfred drop down menu.

I was wondering how you got this to work - I can read the set up guide, but I'm not entirely sure where to enter the 'hvs' and the API token, would be great if you could help

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 4:51 AM, thomasblz said:

I was wondering how you got this to work - I can read the set up guide, but I'm not entirely sure where to enter the 'hvs' and the API token, would be great if you could help

Just saw this, I'll try to reply tonight with an update.

sorry guys, just seeing the update now. 

let me know if there's something not clear in the docs. i can update or you can do a PR, no worries.

@UpdateAlex i'm not sure what you mean, sorry. you don't want them in a certain order? you don't want them together? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yeah, the Workflow is not working yet with PHP8.1. i use a couple of packages that haven't been updated. so currently it needs PHP8.0. there's a couple of issues opened on the repo about this issue. i'll precise in the README, thanks.

the error reporting trick will work by not polluting the JSON, but the Workflow hasn't been tested yet for PHP8.1. if you have trouble, it's best to install PHP8.0 through homebrew and make the Workflow use that one. see: https://github.com/godbout/alfred-time/issues/46#issuecomment-991142891

your main PHP can still be 8.1, but you can install other versions in parallel without linking them, and still point to them.

Edited by godbout
  • 1 year later...