keyword aliases

Dattwood

I often wish I could trigger a workflow input object by one of several keywords, rather than just the one.

I have a lot of workflows and often find myself forgetting which keyword to use. Having a couple different options might make it a little easier.

Thanks.

Edited by Dattwood

• 2 weeks later...

OP wants multiple keywords because he often forgets the right ones. Being able to look up the right one is a better solution than adding aliases and hoping you can remember one of those instead.

Ideally, you would also be able to launch the workflow directly from the search results, but like I said, the feature currently isn't very useful.

But then there would need to be 2 separate actions: "execute" vs. "edit". I guess you could have something like hold down command/option to go to the editor, but that seems like it could be even more confusing.

17 minutes ago, deanishe said:

Being able to look up the right one is a better solution than adding aliases and hoping you can remember one of those instead.

How would that lookup work though? You'd have to enter in those additional keywords somewhere in the workflow anyway, no? At that point I don't see what's worse about it.

2 minutes ago, luckman212 said:

I guess you could have something like hold down command/option to go to the editor, but that seems like it could be even more confusing.

Confusing? Using modifiers to perform different actions is a standard feature…

4 minutes ago, luckman212 said:

You'd have to enter in those additional keywords somewhere in the workflow anyway, no?

No. It would search the workflow & Script Filter names the way it does now. It would just be less strict about matching (it currently only uses "name/keyword starts with" semantics).