A mighty blue cursor!

Ben

Hey there,

thank you very much for Alfred 2 :-)

Beside all the cool stuff you can do with it, I also enjoy its ways to customize it.

The only thing I can't change though is the color (and probably the thickness) of the cursor. I'd love to have it in blue (think iA Writer, Ulysses 3, iOS etc.). 

Is there any way to change it?

If not—well, thanks for your consideration in advance!

Yours,

- Ben

Hey there,

thank you very much for Alfred 2 :-)

Beside all the cool stuff you can do with it, I also enjoy its ways to customize it.

The only thing I can't change though is the color (and probably the thickness) of the cursor. I'd love to have it in blue (think iA Writer, Ulysses 3, iOS etc.). 

Is there any way to change it?

If not—well, thanks for your consideration in advance!

Yours,

- Ben

Welcome, Ben to the forums! From what I know, you can't change the blinking cursor by itself, but if you change the Alfred window it will change the cursor. So what you have to do is change the text color (first result, not the list) and the cursor will match.

Edited by Ddyracer

So if you knew then what yo

Hey Ddyracer,

thanks, and thanks for your answer :-)

Thanks for the hint—yes, I know about it. But. Blue. Cursor! :-)

- Ben

You just want to know whether you can make it bigger or not then. Answer: Yes but you also have to make the text bigger. It only gets longer though. Hopefully this helps.

Hey Ddyracer,

thanks, and thanks for your answer :-)

Thanks for the hint—yes, I know about it. But. Blue. Cursor! :-)

- Ben

Is this what you mean?

Blue%20Cursor.jpg

You do that by clicking on the 'Search Text Color' (the area where 'safari' is typed in this photo) and choosing a blue color :)

Whoah, thanks for your fast and kind replies, and even the time to make a mock up! :-)

I was thinking of the cursor itself, something like here: http://www.iawriter.com/mac/

Or here: http://ulyssesapp.com/#daedalus

- Ben

Sorry, but you can't customize the cursor alone; you have to set the text color to change the cursor's color  :(

Ddayracer, sorry you're having a bad day.

Since I knew I could change everything *but* the cursor, I asked *if* there is a way to somehow change it. And if not, well, this is the *suggestions* forum thread, isn't it?

Thanks for your kind help, though.

- Ben

Ddayracer, sorry you're having a bad day.

Since I knew I could change everything *but* the cursor, I asked *if* there is a way to somehow change it. And if not, well, this is the *suggestions* forum thread, isn't it?

Thanks for your kind help, though.

- Ben

No, it's all right, just confused as to why you didn't get what i told you, which happened to be the same thing Tyler said. Whatever, it's all good.

• 10 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey, it would be great to finally be able to change the cursor color… So that it would stand out better from the text, and match the system. I'm personally happy with the thickness and animation as it currently is. (Matches macOS Sonoma style quite well.)

This request is 10 years old already 🙂 (And I've been an Alfred user for even longer.)