Edit Contacts from Alfred

Hello,

I often use Alfred to quickly verify someones contact information when I am in for example an e-mail message. It would be great if one of the options when displaying contact information in Alfred was to edit that contact in the contacts.app. Now I have to exit the Alfred contact information, open contacts, search for the name, edit,  then make the changes. Would be great if I could simply to CMD E from within Alfred contact to edit the contact. 

Anyone else interested in something like this?

Tim

Hello,

I often use Alfred to quickly verify someones contact information when I am in for example an e-mail message. It would be great if one of the options when displaying contact information in Alfred was to edit that contact in the contacts.app. Now I have to exit the Alfred contact information, open contacts, search for the name, edit,  then make the changes. Would be great if I could simply to CMD E from within Alfred contact to edit the contact. 

Tim

I believe Cmd-O will open the contact in Contacts.app

Cheers :)

Hello,

Tim

I believe Cmd-O will open the contact in Contacts.app

Cheers :)

I believe he's right :)

• 2 years later...

Found this thread because I had the same question. Great to know, but how would I have known that?  

If anyone sees this thread I'd love to know... 

It also says so in the preferences, under Features > Contacts, under the "Open Contacts in Alfred" checkbox.

"If you enable this feature, you can still open contacts in the OS X Contacts app using cmd + o"

• 4 years later...
  • 7 months later...

It's late 2020 and this is still hard to figure out. I've been an Alfred powerpack user since 2011, have been frustrated by thinking I couldn't do this, and finally found this thread.

From a UX perspective, it would help if this were more easily discoverable organically within the app. If it took this long for folks like us to find the feature, imagine how many others never have - regardless of if it's included in documentation somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...