Favorite folders

Is there some way to call favorite folder list (user defined) using Alfred?

For example if I have 5 folders I constantly jumping around and I would like to call them and browse those folders inside Alfred.

Also that list should be able to modify if user want to list different folders as favorite.

Favorites (shortcut)

1. Folder A

2. Folder B

3. Folder C

4. Folder D

5. Folder E

It's like Finder sidebar, but inside Alfred! Possible?

This would totally be possible as a workflow.

You could have a File Action that would let you add the folders to the Favorites list and then just have a command that would produce the list as feedback results. Gimme a few minutes and I'll make it up for ya.

For example if I have 5 folders I constantly jumping around and I would like to call them and browse those folders inside Alfred.

Also that list should be able to modify if user want to list different folders as favorite.

Favorites (shortcut)

1. Folder A

2. Folder B

3. Folder C

4. Folder D

5. Folder E

Btw, I love this idea. Don't know why I haven't thought about making this already as there are several folders I manually navigate to often. Here it is :)

Download

Find a folder in search results or in the file nav, there should be a result action for folders only labeled "Add to Favorites". Select it and the folder will be added to your favorites list.

Use the 'favs' keyword to see the list of favs. Pressing Enter will open the fav in Finder. Cmd+Enter will browse that folder in Alfred. Ctrl+Enter will delete it from the favs list.

Btw, the fav items are marked as a file item so you can still action them too

Btw, I love this idea. Don't know why I haven't thought about making this already as there are several folders I manually navigate to often. Here it is :)

Download

Find a folder in search results or in the file nav, there should be a result action for folders only labeled "Add to Favorites". Select it and the folder will be added to your favorites list.

Use the 'favs' keyword to see the list of favs. Pressing Enter will open the fav in Finder. Cmd+Enter will browse that folder in Alfred. Ctrl+Enter will delete it from the favs list.

Can you use this applescript to open the links? The current approach opens them in Finder, regardless of whether Path Finder is available.

on alfred_script(q)
    try
          tell application "Finder"
                set appname to name of application file id "com.cocoatech.PathFinder"
          end tell
        tell application "Path Finder"
            activate
            select q
        end tell
    on error err_msg number err_num
        tell application "Finder"
             reveal POSIX file q as text
            activate
        end tell
    end try
end alfred_script

Favorites (shortcut)

1. Folder A

2. Folder B

3. Folder C

4. Folder D

5. Folder E

Download

Great idea and implementation. Thanks to both of you  :D

• 7 months later...

Cannot delete imported favorite folders. They remain in the list. What to do?

I've had other people report the same issue and it seems to be an issue with finding the path to save the file into but it's something that I haven't been able to replicate or determine what would possibly be causing it. I'll try to take a look at a way to fix it again.

• 1 month later...