Search Apple/iCloud Notes

2 hours ago, sballin said:

Sounds like Alfred may not have full disk access, something similar happened to another user after upgrading to 11.4: https://github.com/sballin/alfred-search-notes-app/issues/43#issuecomment-867308050

Here are what the permissions should look like: https://github.com/sballin/alfred-search-notes-app#required-permissions

Weird - it definitely had it before, but it must have gotten unchecked in the upgrade. Problem fixed, thank you for your quick reply!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just posted in your GitHub repo a possible implementation for a new feature to move selected notes into the folder returned by the workflow.

I'd also love it if Alfred could learn the folder search results to facilitate moving batches of notes to the same set of folders.

• 5 weeks later...

Is there more information on the full capabilities of Handwriting and Image OCR support <which is super dope btw>?  See below for more detailed q's.  Thanks again in advance.  <3

My understanding is with Alfred Search that it is only available in "Body" searches. 

• Is there anything else I should be aware of?
  • Do I need to do anything for existing images to get OCR on Big Sur, or is that for Monterrey's new feature?
  • If i have a PDF that is OCR'd does Apple Notes or Alfred+Your Plugin pick that up in search?

That's right, they only appear when searching the note body text. The OCR is done by the Notes app itself automatically whenever I drag and drop an image into a note or add handwriting to a note (I'm on Big Sur). The OCR is pretty good but not 100% accurate, which might explain any inconsistencies with the search. The feature doesn't include PDFs or other non-image attachments—I don't know how to search those unfortunately.

Edited by sballin
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/26/2018 at 11:07 AM, sballin said:

I've created a workflow to find and open Apple/iCloud notes in Notes.app. Get it on Packal and feel free to open issues/make pull requests on GitHub.

491656935_ScreenShot2019-12-29at11_49_43AM.thumb.png.cdacca04255f9db80d684f0f4502fc12.png

I have installed Mac osx Ventura Version 13.0 Beta (22A5295i)

and it dosent work for me

can you fix it so it will be compatible to it?
Its a most have and what you made is amazing!

4 minutes ago, Shauli said:

what’s the error message?

• 2 months later...
On 7/21/2022 at 10:37 PM, Shauli said:

I am using Ventura version Version 13.0 Beta (22A5358e) and it is working fine except for nc for creating new notes

nc text or universal action on text gives error below

-1719: System Events got an error: Can’t get window 1 of process "Notes". Invalid index.

Input: text

Debug log:

ERROR: Search Notes[Run Script] /Users/xyz/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred/Workflow Scripts/84671CA0-0D83-4A84-9686-BAD862A45F2B: line 2: /usr/bin/python2: No such file or directory

I am using v3.5.2 of this workflow, mostly downloaded from an excellent list of Monterey-compatible Python code maintained on this forum.

5 hours ago, TomBenz said:

I am using Ventura version Version 13.0 Beta (22A5358e) and it is working fine except for nc for creating new notes

nc text or universal action on text gives error below

-1719: System Events got an error: Can’t get window 1 of process "Notes". Invalid index.

Input: text

Debug log:

ERROR: Search Notes[Run Script] /Users/xyz/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred/Workflow Scripts/84671CA0-0D83-4A84-9686-BAD862A45F2B: line 2: /usr/bin/python2: No such file or directory

I am using v3.5.2 of this workflow, mostly downloaded from an excellent list of Monterey-compatible Python code maintained on this forum.

I have commented these lines of code for now to avoid the error in AppleScript block for "nc":

(*
tell application "System Events"
                tell process "Notes"
                    set focused of text area of scroll area of group 1 of splitter group 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 to true
                    key code {125,125} -- down, down
                end tell
            end tell
*)

• 1 month later...

Hi, since this morning everytime I type the letter "n" in the Alfred search bar I instantly get this message, I had to disable the workflow 

I only get this in the debugger which is not really useful :

[08:23:02.373] Logging Started...

[08:23:04.925] Search Notes[Script Filter] Queuing argument ''

Thanks for your help, have a nice day 

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 8.21.24 AM.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/3/2022 at 3:23 PM, Valoche said:

Hi, since this morning everytime I type the letter "n" in the Alfred search bar I instantly get this message, I had to disable the workflow 

I only get this in the debugger which is not really useful :

[08:23:02.373] Logging Started...

[08:23:04.925] Search Notes[Script Filter] Queuing argument ''

Thanks for your help, have a nice day 

Look at the instructions. i got the same, when i set the instructions all done!

Thanks bud working very well.

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

When I use the nc command to create a new note, it works,  but I also get this popup every time. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm using Alfred 5.0.6 on 13.1 Ventura. I'm using version 3.5.2 of the workflow. 

I appreciate any and all help.

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 13.11.30.png

Edited by jstncwlcx
add additional info
19 hours ago, jstncwlcx said:

@Stephen_CThanks for the response.

The error in that post, and the error I'm getting are different. So I don't think that helps me?

I wouldn't know how to insert that code anyway/

Should fix it if you double click on the block that's called "Create new note" in the workflow diagram and replace the code with this:

on alfred_script(q)
	try
		tell application "Notes"
			-- Create new note from user query
			tell default account to make new note at default folder with properties {body:"<div><h1>" & q & "</h1></div><div><br></div>"}
			show first note in default account
			show first note in default account
		end tell
	on error errorMessage number errorNumber
		display alert "Create Note Error" message (errorNumber as string & ": " & errorMessage & "\n\nInput: " & q) as critical
	end try
end alfred_script

712626665_Screenshot2023-01-22at5_22.21PM-c.thumb.png.dd7f509a338324a9e0b490962071a0ef.png

• 1 month later...

@sballinThank you for this wonderful workflow - most helpful. I only came across it a couple of days ago but it's transformative.

I have a feature request: I wonder if it would be possible to search for tags? Preferably for notes which have certain multiple tags, e.g. search for +food +recipe + vegetables.

Even more helpful, would it be possible for the workflow to auto-suggest other tags used together with a specific tag, e.g. type tag:food and the workflow returns 'tag:recipe tag:vegetables' etc.?

Perhaps this would be a tall order, I don't know. Your workflow is fantastic as is!