File Filter doesn't work with ~/Library/Mail

KingLouie

Alfred 3.7 Build 926 

and Alfred 3.6.2 Build 922

MacOS Mojave Beta Build 18A371a

I just installed Alfred on the latest Mojave public beta and installed the Mail.app search workflow but it can't find any mails. I let spotlight reindex my mails by adding/removing ~/Library/mail to the excluded folders in the spotlight prefs and also deleted the whole spotlight index by using the option in the alfred prefs. When using spotlight it can search mails just fine but alfred can't find anything in that folder even if i remove the filetype restriction from that workflow. I also tried the alfred beta for mojave to no avail.

I also noticed a weird behavior that when navigating to the ~/Library/mail folder within finder, the pathbar only shows "Mail" instead of the full path (see screenshot). Maybe Apple added some privacy guard around that folder?

Does Mail search work for anyone under mojave?

screen.jpg

Edited by KingLouie

54 minutes ago, KingLouie said:

I seems when installing alfred this doesn't get set automatically.

It can’t be, or it wouldn’t be much of a security feature. The OS is supposed to ask you when the request for access is made, though.

• 1 month later...

@deanishe @dfay As Apple added Full Disk Access in at quite a late stage in the beta, this isn't yet well documented, but it's something we're very aware of and keeping an eye on.  :) 

To help users understand the permissions in Mojave, we've created an FAQ here that indicates what each permission type is for:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/getting-started/macos-mojave/

Cheers,
Vero

1 hour ago, deanishe said:

I don't know whether Mojave not asking for permission is a bug

Even when they do ask, it can already be bypassed. No surprises there; the whole system is a bloody mess. You can’t click to allow when using remote desktop (alright, I can see why) but you can use the same remote connection to open an AppleScript to do the clicking for you (what?); you can’t move a quarantined app to Applications automatically because it’ll be in Translocation Mode (argument being it needs to be moved with the cursor to prove intent) but you can disable quarantining with a single CLI command (are you kidding)?

Seems like when Apple decided to gut the automation team, they also put the cafeteria interns in charge of the security team.

Hey Apple, cancel or allow?

7 minutes ago, vitor said:

Seems like when Apple decided to gut the automation team, they also put the cafeteria interns in charge of the security team

:D I guess the guys who let High Sierra through with the passwordless root login and password-in-the-reminder-field bugs got sent to work in the cafeteria. Seems a fair swap.