Brave Browser History Search

• 2 months later...

You are welcome, I had this in mind but never implemented it because I am using another Alfred solution to bookmark pages for being independent of Browsers ;)

Do you think it would make sense to incorporate the Bookmarks results in history search or is it ok to separate?

Definitely separate. Guess there's no way to have it appear in the main results?

No because there is some code required to get bookmarks and history entries. Main results in Alfred are indexed data which is not the case here. 

• 3 months later...
On 3/26/2019 at 3:58 AM, Acidham said:

You are welcome, I had this in mind but never implemented it because I am using another Alfred solution to bookmark pages for being independent of Browsers ;)

now that i've switched from chrome to brave, i'm interested in your solution for browser-independent bookmarks.

while i could use your workflow, i'm intrigued by a browser-independent solution. 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Just for those coming here, apparently this Workflow has been discontinued. However, there is a upgraded version which has multi browser support which can be found at: https://github.com/Acidham/chromium-hist-bookmarks

Its still made by the same person @Acidham but more feature rich.

But @deanishe on that note, I hope that this workflow / feature set of having more browsers supported for the "Web Bookmark" default integration would be greatly appreciated. Especially with more and more browsers being available which are better in so many ways than Chrome. Thank you ❤.

1 hour ago, Chris Spiegl said:

But @deanishe on that note, I hope that this workflow / feature set of having more browsers supported for the "Web Bookmark" default integration would be greatly appreciated.

I have no influence over which built-in features Alfred does or doesn't get. I'm just repeating the Alfred team's long-held policy that no API means no native Alfred integration.

@deanishe understood. One can still be hopeful - but I also understand your point in the other thread. For those wondering about supporting other "Web Bookmarks". Here is a thread with the feature request, which as noted by @deanishe , will not be implemented because there is no public api at this point and thus it is a guessing game. 

I appreciate your updates 🌸