Rebecca

Snippets stopped working in Mojave

I upgraded to Mojave last week and upgraded Alfred to the latest version right after that.  Today, my snippets suddenly stopped working.  I noticed that Alfred is not on the Automation section of the Security & Privacy settings, and I can't add it.  I tried dragging it from Finder and it just bounces back, and there's no option to add anything.  Please help!  I need my snippets for work.

Thank you for your help.  At one point, just for a few moments, Alfred said that something was preventing text expansion by locking secure entry.  I think it was MacOS or System or something like that, definitely not an application.

I have also noticed that now my Alfred hotkeys are not working either.  I restarted my computer but the issue is persisting.  What else can I do to try to fix this?

I'm having the same problem. At some point today, all snippets have stopped working for me, persisting through restart. Nothing has been updated recently, and I am on the most recent version of Mojave.

Edit: after some more testing, it seems like they suddenly work in some text fields, but not others. For instance, I have an snippet for my company's download page. It works fine in Chrome's address bar, but not in a text field in Help Scout (which is running inside of Chrome). It also doesn't work in Slack's text field (again, running inside of a Chrome tab).

Edited by TheJesusFish

You're right - I can get a snippet in Chrome's address bar, but not anywhere else in Chrome (like Gmail or Google Sheets).  I also just tried deleting and reinstalling Alfred, and that didn't work either.

@TheJesusFish @Rebecca If you could update to the latest Alfred 3.8 b958 pre-release from Alfred's update preferences and let me know how you get on. In the latest version of Google Chrome, when Alfred used the Apple Accessibility API to get information about the currently active text field, Chrome was returning different / random process identifiers for each keystroke.

I've made a tweak which should work around this apparent Chrome bug.

Cheers,

Andrew

13 minutes ago, Andrew said:

@TheJesusFish @Rebecca If you could update to the latest Alfred 3.8 b958 pre-release from Alfred's update preferences and let me know how you get on. In the latest version of Google Chrome, when Alfred used the Apple Accessibility API to get information about the currently active text field, Chrome was returning different / random process identifiers for each keystroke.

I've made a tweak which should work around this apparent Chrome bug.

Cheers,

Andrew

That seems to have fixed it! Great work as always, friends :)