No Longer Shows Contact notes [Fixed in 5.1 b2129 pre-release]

gspot

This is not an Alfred 5 bug as searching for contacts using Alfred 5 (version 5.0.4) works perfectly for me on macOS 13.0 (Ventura). I think you're going to have to be a little bit more specific about:

• your relevant settings; and
  • exactly what happens when you try to search for a contact.

Stephen

I am having an issue with contacts as well in Ventura. While not the same issue as OP, my issue is the notes not showing. Before Ventura, notes would show underneath the contacts. "Show notes fields in contacts card" is selected in preferences, which is supposed to show up to 7 lines. Maybe this is related to OP? Hopefully its a bug because notes are part of my workflow.

On 10/28/2022 at 11:24 PM, Xage said:

I am having an issue with contacts as well in Ventura. While not the same issue as OP, my issue is the notes not showing. Before Ventura, notes would show underneath the contacts. "Show notes fields in contacts card" is selected in preferences, which is supposed to show up to 7 lines. Maybe this is related to OP? Hopefully its a bug because notes are part of my workflow.

I am having an same issue as Xage after Ventura update.

Alfred contact search works in Ventura, but notes field does not show.

In addition, when I searched with Spotlight, notes field was not displayed.

However, I was able to search for contacts using the words included in notes field.

I think Spotlight has changed, and this has affected Alfred.

Edited by 4aeon

• Andrew changed the title to No Longer Shows Contacts [or Contact notes]

As a quick tip, you can view Notes for your contacts by using Cmd + O on a contacts result in Alfred's search results; This will open the Contacts app instead, where you'll be able to view the contact's full details and notes.

I also have this same problem. Doing a search for a contact used to show the notes below the contact, and that info is no longer included. Andrew, you said that "it appears that additional provisioning to request notes access may be required." Do you mean that we as end users need to do more provisioning, or that you - as the team that makes Alfred (which is my favorite and most-used app on my MacBook, by the way), plan to address this issue and release an updated version eventually with a fix to this problem? Like Xage above, notes is a rather critical part of my workflow, because I have certain contacts in my address book which contain notes that I very routinely copy and paste from my Alfred searches. Please address this as soon as your team is able to do so, and thank you for your fantastic work on Alfred.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2022 at 10:42 AM, Vero said:

@Mark A As per Andrew's reply, we are already on the case and will share updates as soon as we can. :)

In the meantime, using Cmd + O to open Contacts is the quickest way to get to your Notes.

Is this something the Alfred team is currently working on?

Edited by Xage

3 hours ago, Xage said:

Is this something the Alfred team is currently working on?

Yes, it is. It requires requesting entitlements from Apple - which doesn't happen overnight - as well as making the necessary changes, but as soon as it's ready, you'll see it in the change log :)

• 1 month later...

Having this same issue, but this has prompted me to ask about something that I've been meaning to look into. One thing I miss from LaunchBar is being able to dive down into the notes and select individual lines to copy. It seems that Alfred treats the notes as one big piece of text. It would be great to be able to tab or arrow into each line. My use case is that I have some id numbers in the notes for my kids' contacts that I always go into to copy and paste into forms. With LaunchBar, I could tab in and copy the number. Not sure if this is something you could add, but I figured, it could hurt to ask while you're making changes in there 😀!

• Andrew changed the title to No Longer Shows Contact notes [Fixed in 5.1 b2129 pre-release]