Featuring Alfred community members on the blog

This is more of a suggestion for the alfred dev team, but have you ever thought about doing a series of blog posts that feature alfred users and how they use the app? I have been a monster fan of the app since it's early days (got me off qucksilver and launchbar).

I wonder if it would be a good way to show all the cool advancements in the app by showing use cases "real" users have.

M.

Edited by Vero
Edited the title

@sepulchra Thanks for the post - This is something we've done in the past, and I would love to do again! Would you imagine sharing workflows you use, habits you've created, features that help you daily, etc? 

I also welcome anyone else interested in being involved in future blog posts to say hi 👋 and we'll work on something together. 

• Vero changed the title to Featuring Alfred community members on the blog

@Vero Yes exactly ..... and/or showing off workflows that some have created.....  for example I could also also see highlighting some of the cool workflows made by community members in the gallery too. Workflows by @vitor, @zeitlings, @Stephen_C, @BenjaminO, @giovanni .... and @pixelgeek above.

I think it should maybe 5 questions or so that users get asked? questions that get at how we use the built in tools, and what workflows we use in the gallery and why. But something for coders and non-coders. I think that is the strength of alfred! Also, I just want the public to see that you don't need VC money to make something great.  

I think the  "uses this" blog is a great example on how it could work but focused on Alfred. 

https://usesthis.com

and here I am mentioning alfred back in 2013: https://usesthis.com/interviews/michael.raphael/. Interestingly, the only app I'm no longer using in that post is Evernote.

Edited by sepulchra
  • 1 month later...

For those who are keen to participate in answering a few questions, here they are!

Each blog post will consist of multiple users' answers to one question, so please answer each question separately  Feel free to skip any that don't inspire you.

1. Tell me about yourself in three sentences (I'll use this to introduce you; If you include links to your site or social media, keep them in plain text)
2. What workflow helps you the most?
3. What Alfred features do you use as part of your hobbies or personal interests? (Feel free to contextualise and share what these hobbies are)
4. What's a workflow you've built for yourself that you use all the time, but is very specific to you?
5. What's the most fun or goofiest thing you've used Alfred for?
6. What's the first feature you share with a new Mac owner?
7. Are there features you think you've yet to take full advantage of?

If you'd like, you can share a photo of you with your pet, your work environment, something that might be relevant. These may or may not be included.
Thanks for being part of the unbelievably awesome community!

Cheers,
Vero

• 5 weeks later...