RPN calculator

A simple RPN calculator that works like the built-in calculator.  Requires spaces as delimiters between elements in the expression.  Built using deanishe's Alfred python library.

e.g.

19 2.14 + 4.5 2 4.3 / - *

produces an Alfred result:

Action this item to copy this number to the clipboard

There is a single keyword:

rpn

Download link: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ay1z2mubifcun6/RPN Calculator.alfredworkflow?dl=0

2018-07-10: updated with working link

2020-07-26 updated with latest version of deanishe's Alfred python library.

Edited by dfay
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

@dfay Thank you, thank you! I am in your debt. I literally upgraded Alfred just for this.  

When I'm on Slack and need to complete a sentence like "we frobnicated 6,122,849 doodads between 8:28 and 12:49, a rate of one million every..."  – which seems to be a lot of my life the past few weeks – there is nothing so useful as a good RPN calculator, and none so close to hand and fast to use as yours. Thank you.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi

Updated OS to Ventura, now RPN workflow doesn't work. I have installed Python 3 so that could be reason?

My technical skill is 2 out of 100, playing around with settings trying to make it work.

Error message each run of RPN workflow

ERROR: RPN Calculator[Script Filter] Code 127: /bin/bash: python: command not found

Changed "language" to /usr/bin/python3 but getting this error

ERROR: RPN Calculator[Script Filter] Code 1: xcode-select: note: No developer tools were found, requesting install.
If developer tools are located at a non-default location on disk, use `sudo xcode-select --switch path/to/Xcode.app` to specify the Xcode that you wish to use for command line developer tools, and cancel the installation dialog.
See `man xcode-select` for more details.

Do I need to install developer tools? Where do I download if it is required? Don't want to end up mindlessly installing if not required.

Thanks