Contacts filter & open the contact in Alfred? [Fixed 2.0.3 b184]

Jono

I have a search filter extension in Alfred 1 that only searches for contacts. When you select a contact & hit Return it shows it in Alfred's default contact viewer.

I remade it in Alfred 2 but can get it to show the selected contact in Alfred's contact viewer when I hit Return. Any ideas how to do this?

Alfred doesn't use this metadata anymore, he uses the contacts API directly as this is significantly more reliable. As such, the contact metadata isn't treated as contacts anymore, just files.

After v2 is out, I'll do one of two things... either add a contacts filter (based on the OS X contacts api) in to workflows, or treat the contact metadata as contacts. Either way, you'll be able to create a contacts filter again :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a search filter extension in Alfred 1 that only searches for contacts. When you select a contact & hit Return it shows it in Alfred's default contact viewer.

I remade it in Alfred 2 but can get it to show the selected contact in Alfred's contact viewer when I hit Return. Any ideas how to do this?

Alfred 2.0.3 b184 is now in pre-release from the in-app auto-updater, including improvements for this, so please update to test :)

Any clues as to how to use it?

I get the impression you aren't finding contacts at all in Alfred (which is different to the reported issue above)... am I right?

If so, did you answer "no" when OS X asked if Alfred could have access to your contacts?

No, I can find contacts very well, the issue is if I want to ONLY search contacts.

I have made a workflow that ONLY finds folders for example (very useful) and another that ONLY finds Apps. I would really like to be able to enter (for example)

"c Alfred's dad" and return only matching contacts. Better still

"c creator alfred" and search all fields in contacts but nothing else

No, I can find contacts very well, the issue is if I want to ONLY search contacts.

I have made a workflow that ONLY finds folders for example (very useful) and another that ONLY finds Apps. I would really like to be able to enter (for example)

"c Alfred's dad" and return only matching contacts. Better still

"c creator alfred" and search all fields in contacts but nothing else

Ah my apologies... give this workflow a go then:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6749767/Alfred/Workflows/Contacts%20filter%20like%20v1.alfredworkflow :)

Oooh yes I do 

I've done that and it works brilliantly. I have lots of contacts and people listed by job title. I have never been able to look up everyone in my contacts listed as, for example, 'location manager'

This is BRILLIANT, thanks

Oooh yes I do 

I've done that and it works brilliantly. I have lots of contacts and people listed by job title. I have never been able to look up everyone in my contacts listed as, for example, 'location manager'

This is BRILLIANT, thanks

happy to help :)

• 1 year later...

Thank you so much! I was looking all over the place to find a workflow like this. Please consider adding it to Packal, for those who use it!

I absolutely love this app—one of the best things on my OS! Please keep up the great work!

—Happy Mega Supporter