Increase width of toolbar

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can't change the width of the default themes. You need to first duplicate it and then all of the instructions you see on this thread will apply.

Right click on the theme and then click Duplicate Theme.

Give your new theme a name and click "Save". 

You can then resize the window as well as change other theme properties as other folks have mentioned.

Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 1.27.23 PM.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello. I am attempting to do the same thing of making my custom appearance wider. I do not see the option to make the window wider,

only the padding. I have attached a clip. 

How do I make the window wider? I'm on 3.7.1

8Qurhi6vBP.gif

Thank you!

Edited by Fake Farm
it loaded.
  • 8 months later...

Welcome @dp_ucsd,

In the future, if you found a relevant topic please don’t open a new one — that splits the conversation and doesn’t help whoever visits the old one. Instead, comment on the one you found. I’ve merged the two.

As to your question, move the mouse cursor to the left or right of the window and you’ll see a large green rectangle indicating you can change the width.

@dp_ucsd adding to what @vitor said, you'll need to duplicate one of the default themes (or create a brand new theme) as the default themes are not editable. Once you have a custom theme selected, move the mouse around the Alfred window within the theme editor and you'll see a highlight for the item you'll be editing (resizing, colouring etc).

Cheers,

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I'm on version 4.3.4 of the app and I'm unable to increase the width. 
When I try to move the mouse over from the outside to the search bar as shown by @vitor's gif, it doesnt' show the window resizing options. It just shows the options attached below.

Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 1.29.28 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 1.29.20 PM.png