Kill Process Workflow

I made a workflow to kill processes quickly.

You can grab it (and read more about it) on GitHub.

Direct download link.

Here are some highlights:

• Autocompletes process names
  • Learns and prioritizes processes you kill frequently
  • Shows icons when possible
  • Shows CPU usage
  • Shows process paths
  • Ignores case

Screenshot:

screenshot.png

Enjoy, and feel free to share any feedback you have.

Edited by ngreenstein

Now I started two Python interpreters. Their process name is something like this (these are MacPort Python 2.6 interpreteres, just in case you wonder):

8980 ttys001    0:00.02 /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python

And it doesn't work. I haven't looked into your code, but since youre identifying all processes correctly, why don't you pass all process IDs to the arg and put the row-specific pid in the first position? Then the scripts should pretty much look the same, except that one loops over all pids, and the other only picks the first one. No issues with weird names whatsoever.

Edited by nikipore
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Can we please have an option to relaunch an app, not just kill it? For example if we hold the Shift key with "kill" the workflow can forcequit and relaunch the app, that would be very useful!

Yes, this is quite good! 

Or have a special keyword for killing and relaunching. I'm OK with any option as long as there is such functionality. 

Can we please have an option to relaunch an app, not just kill it? For example if we hold the Shift key with "kill" the workflow can forcequit and relaunch the app, that would be very useful!

Yes, this is quite good! 

Or have a special keyword for killing and relaunching. I'm OK with any option as long as there is such functionality. 

That's a great idea! I'm afraid I don't have time to add this at the moment, but, if anyone feels up to it, they're more than welcome to submit a pull request on the GitHub repo. Thanks!

• 2 months later...