Notion.so Instant Search Workflow

7 minutes ago, Jakub Sypiański said:

For each workspace I need to duplicate the workflow – or is there another solution?

There isn’t a solution to this and I’m not sure when I’ll get around to adding it, but good to know it could be useful! 
Thanks

On 5/18/2020 at 10:30 AM, fxf said:

Hi,

What a wonderful workflow!

I followed step by step your guide. However, it's not working on my side : no results are displayed :(

The debugger shows this

[11:26:15.798] Logging Stopped.

[11:26:16.595] Logging Started...

[11:26:23.441] Notion Search[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'l'

[11:26:23.488] Notion Search[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'le'

[11:26:23.550] Notion Search[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'lea'

[11:26:23.641] Notion Search[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'lean'

[11:26:25.844] Notion Search[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished

[11:26:25.847] Notion Search[Script Filter] {"items": [{"arg": "https://www.notion.so/", "type": "default", "uid": 1, "title": "No results - go to Notion homepage"}]}

[11:26:26.620] Notion Search[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished

[11:26:26.623] Notion Search[Script Filter] {"items": [{"arg": "https://www.notion.so/", "type": "default", "uid": 1, "title": "No results - go to Notion homepage"}]}

I use Alfred 4.0.9.

Any idea where the problem comes from ? 

Unfortunately since Notion hasn't released a public API yet, it's difficult to resolve any issues, they don't return error messages. 

I have seen people have success by:
Logging out of notion in their browser.
Logging back in
Copy the cookie as shown in the readme into the workflow env variables. The spaceid should stay the same but may be worth copying over again to be sure.

Try again searching for a page you know to exist in your workspace.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 7:01 AM, wrjlewis said:

Unfortunately since Notion hasn't released a public API yet, it's difficult to resolve any issues, they don't return error messages. 

I have seen people have success by:
Logging out of notion in their browser.
Logging back in
Copy the cookie as shown in the readme into the workflow env variables. The spaceid should stay the same but may be worth copying over again to be sure.

Try again searching for a page you know to exist in your workspace.

Hey just a heads up Notion has a Public Beta API in the wild https://developers.notion.com/ would be amazing to see deeper integration between Alfred and Notion, unfortunately it is well beyond me to develop. Just though I would share.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Vbalsamo said:

Hey just a heads up Notion has a Public Beta API in the wild https://developers.notion.com/ would be amazing to see deeper integration between Alfred and Notion, unfortunately it is well beyond me to develop. Just though I would share.

Thanks!

Hey!

Yeah totally, would be really cool to get it integrated. The only issue I see so far, and may be corrected, is that you need to have admin access to the workspace in order to setup an integration, which would rule out most company workspaces. Still, it would certainly work for private workspaces and I’ll be looking into it for sure! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 4:28 PM, ileonemil said:

@wrjlewis Hi! The Workflow searches pages and all is right, but it doesn't open them....what can I do ??

Can you explain in more detail what happens when you press enter on a search result in Alfred? 
Do you receive any errors? Does it open a web browser (or notion app if you have that configured) with the result?

7 hours ago, wrjlewis said:

Can you explain in more detail what happens when you press enter on a search result in Alfred? 
Do you receive any errors? Does it open a web browser (or notion app if you have that configured) with the result?

Hi, now I understand. I put the variable that makes the searched page opening in the desktop app to true, but it function only if Notion is closed, because it opens a new Notion window with the searched page. Is someway possible to use the workflow having Notion opened?

10 hours ago, ileonemil said:

Hi, now I understand. I put the variable that makes the searched page opening in the desktop app to true, but it function only if Notion is closed, because it opens a new Notion window with the searched page. Is someway possible to use the workflow having Notion opened?

It should work with the Notion app open. What is happening when you try to open a search result with the Notion app open? 

2 hours ago, wrjlewis said:

It should work with the Notion app open. What is happening when you try to open a search result with the Notion app open? 

Okay I've just restarted Alfred and the Macbook and now all is on point, sorry for the mess I've done. Thank you for all

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2021 at 3:31 PM, Bob89 said:

Hey @wrjlewishave you had the time to look into the notion API yet? Really don't wanna stress you, but having that in there would be amazing :)

Thanks!

Hey, yes will definitely be adding this at some point! Just need to find some time to start on it 😁.

The only thing stopping me from being too urgent about it, is the fact you need to be an admin in your workspace in order to use the Notion API.

Do you use this tool for your personal notion workspace or for your work's notion workspace? Or both? Unless you're admin for your works notion workplace, you won't be able to use the Notion API for that anyway.

Notion say they will improve the authentication process, so you don't have to be an admin to use it, in the future, which I think will be key for a lot of people's use.

On 7/6/2021 at 11:28 AM, wrjlewis said:

Do you use this tool for your personal notion workspace or for your work's notion workspace? Or both? Unless you're admin for your works notion workplace, you won't be able to use the Notion API for that anyway.

Notion say they will improve the authentication process, so you don't have to be an admin to use it, in the future, which I think will be key for a lot of people's use.

@wrjlewis I'm an admin in all workspaces I use, so it wouldn't be a problem. Maybe there's a way to have a checkbox for "I have admin rights" and then it'll use the API, otherwise it'll still use the current method?

An other alternative I'd see is to have two different workflows, one for API, one for the current method.

Whatever you decide - thanks a lot for looking into it, much appreciated!